Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I wish we'd pump the brakes on this: Why? In case the bubble...

Anonymous User
March 10, 2018 12:17PM
RamUK
I'm excited, but to call a unit that has never played together the best in the league is silly.

It has potential, but until it achieves something, that is all it is.

Not a knock on you RamUK and I think you are a mighty fine poster. I get what you meant in general about the brakes comment but why ask or advise people to pump them?

It often times comes across as all of the other cliches's.... As if someone with a greater wiser perspective is giving a warning to not get too hyped up and get your heart broken for having too much hope and belief.

Like a parent telling their child to protect their heart first and don't get over excited or have high expectations so it doesn't hurt so bad later should if fail etc.

I've never been a fan of this advise when it's sports related.

I say get pumped up every new season and if it was all hype and mirage so be it. Cry about it and sulk when the season ends.

For many fans, one of the best parts of following a professional sports team is enjoying all the changes and additions to the roster in the off season to give them new hope for the upcoming season.

We are not Vulcans from Star Trek. We are humans that like to enjoy the process and enjoy having the feeling of hope even if it might never live up to how we visioned it.

Common advice cliches so you don't get your feelings hurt.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Be careful of what you wish for.

Don't get too emotionally involved because your bubble will get popped.

Don't believe the hype.

If it's too good to be true then something bad is going to happen etc..

And possibly the most over used one of them all in the sports world, Let's pump the brakes"

Forget that! I'm pumping the gas pedal and if it doesn't work out, oh well that's life.

I'm not going to be a robot and pump the brakes and keep my emotions in check because the chickens haven't been counted yet.

If it fails, It will hurt some of us just as much no matter how much we try to pump the brakes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2018 12:46PM by Florida_Ram.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams secondary additions: This unit is now league’s best (Article)

Rams43762March 10, 2018 10:29AM

I wish we'd pump the brakes on this

RamUK253March 10, 2018 11:12AM

Ewe Bet Attachments

stlramz239March 10, 2018 11:25AM

I wish we'd pump the brakes on this: Why? In case the bubble...

Anonymous User685March 10, 2018 12:17PM

I thought I said 'I wish'

RamUK190March 10, 2018 01:01PM

Re: I thought I said 'I wish'

Anonymous User185March 10, 2018 01:50PM

R pump the brakes

Steve120March 11, 2018 09:38AM

fair point

zn140March 10, 2018 02:27PM