Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Watkins is worth...

March 08, 2018 05:02AM
jemach
what the market says Watkins is worth.

We keep looking at value based on last year's cap situation.

Well folks, that situation is ancient history.

Watkins will benefit from many things...

1) Over $1 billion in cap space throughout the league
2) An increase in the cap
3) Contracts rise year after year
4) A weaker draft and free agency class

To compare Watkins contract to Woods for example, is old news. Woods, if he was a FA this year not last, would be getting more than he did last year. Then...take into quality in free agency and the draft, and then you look at "what Watkins is worth." Supply and demand, as usual, rears its ugly head.
The market never determines worth. That is a economics farse. Unless an individual or a player signs one month contracts you are always paying for either the past or hopes for the future.
Free agency has historically proven that the contract that is signed will not equate to their worth. It's like buying a lottery ticket. People will always buy them. If anything, the last few days have proven this to us. If you want worth, you must have a man on the scene in a person's last three places of employments.
With that said, Watkins is a unique talent, with success and youth. He will get paid. If I'm told to choose one without considering other variables I'm taking Watkins 10 out of 10 times. But we are not choosing a gift. If I'm choosing Watkins at 13.5 or Tru at 10.5 I'm going to take neither.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

If you can only sign one who do you pick TJ or Sammy

Los Angeles Lenny403March 08, 2018 02:58AM

Re: If you can only sign one--SAMMY!!

Steve124March 08, 2018 03:02AM

Watkins is worth...

jemach116March 08, 2018 04:29AM

If we are going to over pay someone lets over pay him

Los Angeles Lenny108March 08, 2018 04:34AM

Re: Watkins is worth...

no name190March 08, 2018 05:02AM

Re: If you can only sign one who do you pick TJ or Sammy