Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Buildiing the 3-4

March 07, 2018 07:52PM
I was very happy when the team finally brought back the 3-4 Last year. I think John Robinson was the last coach to run a true 3-4 with the Rams and if I remember correct the 2nd coming of Chuck Knox brought back the 4-3 and for the most part we have been a 4-3 till last year. The reason I was unhappy to see the 3-4 go was Kevin Green was one of my Favorite Rams and he just was not fit to play a DE in a 4-3 or better fit for a 3-4 and off to Pittsburgh he went. Always liked Kevin and never liked him playing there. Reason I wanted it to come back is the 3-4 seemed to always throw us fits on offense over the years. Just seemed as the game wore on the unpredictability and flexibility of the 3-4 had an advantage playing against us. Not scientific but just my eyeball test.

I also knew there would be growing pains when we switched. I heard many of you post this when the announcement was made. We all knew there would be players that would not fit the scheme. Some of us were even concerned AD may not be a good fit. AD turns out to be fine (At least it seems to me), along with Brockers but I did not see the Ogletree trade before it happened so what the heck do I know.

They are putting the pieces together for Wade this off-season and when I think about it I am amazed how well Wade did last year without “HIS” guys. Can you imagine how well he is going to do once he gets the guys he wants? So exciting to watch this staff put together the team and will be even more fun to see them use these guys on Sundays.

Having fun and if last year showed us anything we have reason to look forward to the season with this group.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Buildiing the 3-4

Ramrooter698March 07, 2018 07:52PM

Good stuff

Speedball89254March 07, 2018 08:42PM

Re: Good stuff

Ramrooter236March 07, 2018 09:51PM

Re: Good stuff

Speedball89181March 08, 2018 09:53AM