Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

If you're going to make an omelette you have to break a few eggs

March 08, 2018 02:04AM
If the Rams want as dominant a D as they have an O, they're going to have to get guys who do some things better.
Ogletree simply didn't play the run well; that's been discussed around here long before this rather shocking trade.
He's a drag down kind of guy who can get engulfed by big body OL. That whiff on Ezekiel Elliott on national TV that allowed him to score was kind of a microcosm of what his run D and tackling was like.

Some of that is because the Rams do not have a NT than can tie up OL. So they'll be looking to acquire that, too.

While we can debate the actual accuracy of the PFF grades, on the other hand they do reflect a relative placement of where a player fits on a scale of his peers. Does anyone really want to argue that Ogletree was more than a middling ILB or MLB?
Or that TruJ was any more than a C+, B- Corner who has great size, and occasionally flashes, but also thinks he's the second coming of Revis and wants to be paid like that?

I trust McVay and Phillips.

So even though I never saw the Ogletree trade coming, on the other hand I'm glad to see that they are willing to do what it takes to make this team better, and no player is immune from being replaced.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Bonsignore: Alec Ogeltree trade another sign Rams want better fits for Wade Phillips’ defense

RamBill518March 07, 2018 04:43PM

Lazy

Blue and Gold338March 07, 2018 04:51PM

Agree...you could tell he used to be a Safety in college

Ram49158March 07, 2018 06:20PM

Tree led our team in tackles since he came here...4yrs ago?

SunTzu_vs_Camus113March 07, 2018 06:29PM

If you're going to make an omelette you have to break a few eggs

RockRam81March 08, 2018 02:04AM

read between the lines

Los Angeles Lenny183March 08, 2018 02:22AM

Good point.

RockRam77March 08, 2018 02:30AM