Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Some combine notes and thoughts

March 07, 2018 04:16AM
Deadpool

As far as possible Rams targets:

OL:
Kolton Miller - LT - UCLA - He had himself a weekend. Tested out of his mind and looked smooth in drills. He was one of the guys I needed to see more of and I came away impressed. His sub 5 40 with a 6'-9" 310 lb frame with a 1.67 10 yard split was impressive. 24 reps @ 6'-9" showed strength and his 34" arms are good for a LT.

watched UCLA quite a bit. Not sure that as a unit that their OL was memorable. Rosen was under duress many times. Miller sounds like he helped himself plenty.

LB:

Harold Landry - he measured in just fine and looked as smooth as anyone in drills. I was concerned about his size, he answered those questions. I like him as a top Rams target now that the Rams need an edge rusher.

Lorenzo Carter - He was lights out and I thought he was a 2nd to early 3rd round pick. I he did nothing to change that.
Josey jewell - Can be had in the 3rd or 4th round (so 3rd for the Rams)
Not seeing us taking back to back front 7 defensive players in the draft, but then again.....perhaps free agency fills some spots

Arden Key - measured in well, I am still leary of him.
Got to watch a drill he did. Big kid. Looked fast in those first number of steps, bit gangly as he got up to speed, but would you, could you take him over Landry if he's there?

DL:
Da'Ron Payne - He was an animal out there with a sub 5 40 and looked great in drills.
one of those players you wonder......does he fall some as the draft gets closer? or move up? as a rule i'm suspect of 'bama players, but this one would be on the field for us; no sweat

Tim Settle - had a rough weekend. 3rd or 4th round steal.
hmmm. should have stayed in school. with a chance to move up? not so much. still......one of them guys i think can play big at the next level

TE:
Durham Smythe - Slowest TE that ran and short broad jump. Rough weekend. Day 3 for sure.
no doubt

RBs -
If the Rams are serious about a RB - there should be a good one drop to them later in the draft. One guy that could provide a nice change of pace was Chase Edmonds - 5'-9" 205 lbs - looked really athletic in the position drills. Caught the ball really well.

Wouldn't surprise me if the club went FA at RB. I really like Justin Davis, but got a distinct feeling that he was "tolerated" but not a big future with us. Few active games. Fewer touches. Not a special team killer. This is where I enjoy your glimpses at kids that can bring some new talent to us. Snead has agreed with you many a time.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Some combine notes and thoughts

Deadpool725March 05, 2018 11:21AM

Marcus Davenport

PHDram287March 05, 2018 11:49AM

k3297March 05, 2018 12:11PM

I really like Jaire Alexander

Deadpool252March 05, 2018 01:37PM

doesnt sound good for Mayfield

Rampage2K-516March 05, 2018 02:00PM

Re: Mayfield

leafnose221March 07, 2018 03:58AM

Mayfield will turn out to be the best of the bunch.

RockRam145March 07, 2018 04:09AM

Re: I don't like him, he's a punk...

spagsbacker153March 07, 2018 04:11AM

Re: Playing GM ?

leafnose215March 07, 2018 04:20AM

charter member of the Vander Esch fan club

21Dog325March 05, 2018 02:57PM

leafnose250March 07, 2018 04:16AM