Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: The Combine: Anyone else hate the guy with the whistle?

March 04, 2018 08:33AM
Ramsdude
Billy_T
He drives me crazy. Seems to think the players are being judged on style points, like it's the Olympics and they're doing an ice-skating routine. If the arm isn't up for the right number of seconds, blow that dagnabbit whistle and screw with their heads. And I bet this makes their times worse when they finally do run. It can't possibly help them.

If I were dictator for a day, I'd do at least two things right off the bat: Take that whistle away from what's his name and ban all usage of shaky cams in TV and movies.

The world would be a significantly better place after that.

lol...Agreed. Just what is the reason they need to "hold" the arm up for a certain amount of seconds?

I have no idea. I never get his explanations to the players after he shatters their confidence with that blasted whistle. But he usually says something to the effect that he just wants them to run their best. Um, no, he doesn't. Athletes aren't going to run better after expending all of that initial energy. And then they're gonna be thinking about their arm and that whistle instead of their breathing, their explosion, their running form, etc. etc.

The man's a menace to society and he must be stopped!!

boo smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The Combine: Anyone else hate the guy with the whistle?

Billy_T382March 04, 2018 08:23AM

Ramsdude142March 04, 2018 08:25AM

Billy_T115March 04, 2018 08:33AM

Though I do not watch the Combine at all, could the arm / whistle thing...

Ramgator105March 04, 2018 09:26AM

They do it because.....

RamBill134March 04, 2018 12:10PM

Re: They do it because.....

Billy_T116March 04, 2018 12:34PM