Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

McVay makes players better like Martz did

January 08, 2018 07:26PM
The brightest part of McVay is the significant improvement in so many players

Goff last year vs this year reminds me of how Martz took 3 QBs from the scrap pile and turned them into pro bowlers with Green, Warner, Faulk.

I believe if Goff did not get McVay as the coach, he was headed to a career like

Lienhart, Harrington, Boller, Quinn, Couch, those kinds of guys, but give a QB a coach that can get him prepared, thinking the right way, fundamentals, reading a defense, etc. and it chances everything.

Gurley / Faulk

So much similarities how these guys became different players when they were given room to run. Faulk went from a 4.0 yards per carry 10 td guy to a 20+ td guy 5.5 yards per carry. The difference between Gurley this year and last year is amazing, because he is given space to run with a good offensive design.

Issac Bruce / Woods Bruce had 2 great seasons with Martz as QB coach and his career started to fade fast and the famous so called superstar comment came from Vermeil. Martz returns and Issac Bruce is resurrected.

But it goes on and on. You have Mike Furrey leading the NFC with receptions as a guy that was plucked off the streets. Matt Forte having his best Yard Per Carry season and on and on.

I believe McVay has the chance to lead the Rams to 4 or 5 more playoff seasons like Martz. He is a energetic bright man that looks at things the right way. He may be better because I believe he will get help in the areas that he is weaker. a good defensive coordinator choice to me is a good sign.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

McVay makes players better like Martz did

Rams_81334January 08, 2018 07:26PM

Re: McVay makes players better like Martz did

Headslap75290January 08, 2018 07:46PM

Steve173January 09, 2018 03:55AM

zn167January 09, 2018 04:08AM

Who was Ike's WR coach that made Ike world-class?

Blue and Gold150January 09, 2018 05:39AM

Martz can take a player like Bruce

Rams_81168January 09, 2018 05:44AM