Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams Loss from an 11 year old's Point of View

January 07, 2018 06:15AM
So my 11 year old son has become a ravid Rams fan, starting from 2016. He was beyond distraught yesterday when they went down 26-13 in the 4th quarter Pounding the ground in frustration, he was in tears, and inconsolable, despite my pointing out what a great season it was and the first time the Rams made the playoffs in 15 years. He's lived a relatively pain free life, and this was one of the few times he's gotten really really upset.

I finally got him to crack a smile by giving Jimmy G new nicknames. We came up with Grapple-polo and Crap-a-polio before settling on Grap-opilio (we're fond of Deadliest Catch with their snow crab - opilio season). It's sounds silly, but getting him to turn-the-page to something other than the painful loss of his favorite sports team was something he needed to cope with, and come to grip over time. Been there myself - more often than I care to admit.

It's always hard losing the last game, especially one as meaningful as this year, cause you never know what next season's going to be like. After all the Raiders went from 12-4 to 6-10 and fired their head coach. The many losing years have made me less impervious to the ups and downs. But with the leadership now in place and the youth of the team, the future is bright. I can't wait to see AD extended, Goff improve and further tweaks of the roster. The last thing that I impressed on my son was this:

"How hard do you think Sean McVay will work to improve this team for next year?" His simple nodding of his head and answer of "Harder than anyone in the NFL, Daddy" showed that he gets it - and will be a Rams fan for life!!

RFS69

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2018 06:39AM by RamsFanSince69.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams Loss from an 11 year old's Point of View

RamsFanSince69321January 07, 2018 06:15AM

I like it (nm)

AlbaNY_Ram137January 07, 2018 06:27AM

I've been a Rams fan since 1969

NewMexicoRam107January 07, 2018 06:28AM

Re: It's nice to know...........

oldschoolramfan97January 07, 2018 06:41AM

Great stuff man

stlramz102January 07, 2018 07:27AM