Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Do you think McVay put all his cards on the table vs Eagles?

December 14, 2017 03:46AM
I really think that McVay may be the type of coach who is not playing one game at a time, but also setting up his opponents by creating tendencies that he will break at a key moment later, or by practicing but hanging onto some plays that will surprise an opponent when needed.

If that is true (and it is possible I am giving him WAY too much credit) do you feel like McVay pulled out all the stops to win against the Eagles, or is he still playing the long game? (There is a great short story in which a con man stands on the street holding a sign saying "I will beat you in the second game."

On the one hand, if we beat Philly and held serve the rest of the way, we probably get that key first week bye in the playoffs.

On the other hand, with the depth at the top of the NFC, I don't think playoff seeding is important for the teams who come in 3-6. All six teams can be beat, but all of them are very good. Unlike the AFC, no bad teams are going to sneak into the playoffs in the NFC, and one or two deserving teams are probably going to stay home despite a 10-6 record.

What do you think? Did McVay put it all on the table, or is he playing the long game? What would you do?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Do you think McVay put all his cards on the table vs Eagles?

PeoriaRa288December 14, 2017 03:46AM

Re: Do you think McVay put all his cards on the table vs Eagles?

stlrams13133December 14, 2017 03:57AM

frankly

zn143December 14, 2017 04:08AM