Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Truisms---dat a fact

December 06, 2017 09:58PM
Goff is a natural thrower of the ball as there is. (Not 100% sure what that means, but he does throw well). Yes, a natural thrower is someone who could do it from a young age--8-9 years old at a superior level. "Natural throwers' have incredible hand eye coordination; for example, I have a friend who was a natural thrower at 12 years old and became a 1 handicap golfer while only doing a few rounds a week---(John O'Donnel, brother of Chris, the actor). McNabb would be an example of the opposite of a natural thrower. McNabb had no timing, no 'eveness' in this throrwing motion (meaning from when he started to when he ended his motion; there was always a jerk, i.e.,not smooth)

'Natural throwing' has nothing to do with arm strength, but 'perfect' coordination regardless of body position. If you can't throw a 85 mile an hour fastball at 5'10" you probably aren't a natural thrower, and a therefore can't fully get the concept. (think 5'9" Ron Guidry)

Manning is not a natural thrower---he is so forced; but he worked so hard at it that he became accurate. A natural thrower can throw from all angles without even practicing it---why? because he is a 'natural; like Montana, Goff has only adequate arm strength level

The game is slowing down and he is truly "as cool as the other side of the pillow" (Yes, much improved over last year and getting better) Lol, who is cooler than him in the whole NFL? WHo, not Brady---he is a bundle of nerves.

He looks like Brady, Montana, Warner, etc. But to me he looks more like Brady but with a better throwing motion (Uh, a bit early for that kind of comparison).
No, it isn't too early if you watch thousands of hours of football a year. I knew Manning would be good because of worth ethic, size and intelligence and good enough arm. If you couldn't see that, well, it was there. Same with GOFF, he is well on his way to being way above Brady is his first 4 years!!! Way ahead.
Montana in 1981, his 3rd year, looks about as good as Goff in his 2nd. Watch both 1981 Rams-49ers games and you will see Joe was no better than Goff. Joe ran great bootlegs, but didn't have all the accuracy that Goff had---of course you have to watch the games from 1981---not 1988-89. [If you want I will send them to you] Joe developed it. Also Joe and Brady are not as tough as Goff; Goff plays smarter than Brady's first 2 years by far-- for sure (!!), but not as smart as Warner and Manning (yet).

He throws a great deep ball (He has thrown a few good ones, but has missed some that were on him, does not have cannon arm, and his placement is often off. He had one super one---to Watkins, but he doesn't, in my OPINION, throw a great deep ball. Maybe he will, but the film does not show a "great deep ball"winking smiley
Ya, Goff has a few years before he throws a 'great' deep ball. He is a natural thrower, but his core strength has to be better, and his hips and feet have to be in perfect position, which is a rare occurrence in the NFL.

He throws great screen passes with touch and finesse (He has been very good on screen) Goffs placement is incredible and better than Montana's 3rd year. Plus, Goff's intermediate throws are firm and the velocity is better than Montana's and the ball placement is even better, too. Don't go on rep, go on film, bro.

He can rifle the intermediate throw and put into a tight window (Film does not show that because he has not seen many tight windows. Sure, some, and he has made some good throws, but "rifle" does not fit, it has enough velocity to get balls where they need to go. But in the intermediate throws, I have not seen many offenses where there are so many guys running free). Hmmm, 'rifle' on a short pass, well if you mean like Elway and Favre that = broken fingers; so maybe Goff's velocity is very 'firm' and that would be better, anyway than a 'rifle'.

I think he can be elite, and very soon. But to put him so high on all those categories is premature, based on what is on film.[/quote] Well, when you watch the film you have to 'feel' the film, not like a computer, but like a human being who undestands ebb and flow, but like a computer who can compare one QB to 30-40 others while watching one play; if you don't have that ability, of course you can't 'see' that Goff is light years ahead of most HOFers in their 2nd year. You have to compare Goff to thousands of hours of watching Boomer, Ken O'Brien, Everett, Marino, Favre, Bradshaw, Staubach and hundreds of others. And, I would put Goff way ahead of 95% of those guys in their first 2 years. Of course, I have been watching 3-6 full NFL games from 1978 to 1986 for 5 years now...so, I have 1000s of hours in this gig....dig it, baby. Just win, and Goff will!

Sag is a lot smarter than we know; excellent analysis. Don't let any lawyers talk you out of Goff's ascent!

As always, I have fun writing these things; and I joyfully protect those who go out of their way to make a risky statement based on their feelings---why not, let's emjoy life,not kill it with what we 'know'----wait a minute,my whole writing is about what I know....I must be wrong again!!!!!! LOL, it's all good. THis is for you TonyHunter

. Sag felt it right, b-b-b-b-baby.....and we ain't seen nuthin' yet from Goffer! I mean gopher or golfer.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2017 10:02PM by Steve.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A few things I noticed after re-watching the Card game...

Rams43791December 06, 2017 07:26AM

A few responses.

Saguaro333December 06, 2017 07:48AM

And really, Littleton deserves consideration

Blue and Gold274December 06, 2017 07:51AM

love the roll out to the right

ferragamo79235December 06, 2017 08:57AM

Re: A few things I noticed after re-watching the Card game...

stlrams13227December 06, 2017 09:50AM

Opinions or truisms?

Blue and Gold241December 06, 2017 10:15AM

Re: Opinions or truisms?

stlrams13203December 06, 2017 11:00AM

No, I think a list wouldn't make any difference

Blue and Gold243December 06, 2017 11:17AM

I agree with Blue and Gold about Goff NM

six2stack139December 06, 2017 11:40AM

Truisms---dat a fact

Steve194December 06, 2017 09:58PM

Re: Truisms---dat a fact

Blue and Gold176December 06, 2017 10:34PM

Re: substance is needed.....and who can help us

Steve161December 06, 2017 11:27PM

Ooops, I agreed with "stlrams13"

Steve184December 06, 2017 11:30PM

Agreed...

jemach155December 07, 2017 01:34AM

Re: A few things I noticed after re-watching the Card game...

RFIP176December 07, 2017 02:42AM

Rams will be playing a very good D on Sunday

GreatRamNTheSky200December 06, 2017 10:45AM

Re: Rams will be playing a very good D on Sunday

bigjimram21139December 06, 2017 08:16PM

Re: Rams will be playing a very good D on Sunday

Steve134December 06, 2017 10:03PM