Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Champ weekend for college ... Blinkscout eyeballing a few

December 01, 2017 10:19AM
There are good games this weekend, better than in years I believe ... closer games with more prospects. Starting tonight ...

Stanford and USC ...

Not into the linemen on these teams ... inconsistency there leads to my disinterest.

WRs are young on both ...

QB is not an issue for us.

TE on Stanford could get us a late blocker ... maybe.

But both teams have some rush LBs ...
USC has Nwosu and Gustin ... I prefer Nwosu as a pass rusher and have him rated much higher than his predicted draft position. I think he's a top 50 player that will likely be drafted outside the top 100.
Stanford has a bevy of guys that play really well in a 3-4 scheme ... though they are likely backups next level (Kalambayi)

The D Line highlight is Rashad Green on USC, but Harrison on Stanford is a beast also ... Green is my type of 5 tech ... 6-5 290 with long arms and some bend to go with stout attitude. Harrison is great with his hands but more like Donald ... and we have Smart already (and Easley coming back).

CB I like Meeks on Stanford ... though he's a little stiff. Iman Marshall has looked so sloppy this year on USC that I would be hard pressed to see him as draftable.

The Safeties are good ... Reid (Younger bro) on Stanford makes good reads. He may not come out, a junior. There are 3 on USC and I think as of now they are backups. Tell has another year and could develop.

Clemson vs Miami is my "Game of the week"

The big matchup I think for me is watching McDermott the LT on Miami against Ferrell and Bryant ... either could be our pick in the late 20s. And Mcdermott for some reason is not on anyone's radar ... I don't get that.

The middle of Clemson's D Line should be the difference in the game.

Amon Richards will be the best WR in the game but he has another year ... likely a top 20 pick if he progresses though.

LBs on Miami are all sophomores, but likely the best group in the country.

Dorian O Daniel on Clemson gets late round special teams ands backup looks from me.

Redwine the S on Miami has been playing stronger every week. Hitting harder and making more plays. I doubt he comes out though unless he gets some buzz.

Herndon the TE on Miami is a late look guy for me too ... more trustworthy but less athletic than Njoku.

There are some possible 5 Techs on Miami too ... I would be RJ McIntosh stays in school and comes out as a first rounder next year, but if he jumps I'd target him in the 3rd or 4th.

Clemson has some Guards, too.

Ohio State vs. Wisconsin ... classic Big Ten slugfest ... with the best Freshman runner in a ling time. Not maybe the best freshman prospect (Gurley) ... but he's got 2000 yards.

Ohio State has the rushers ... Hubbard and Bosa and Lewis ... Bosa is not eligible for coming out, but it'll still be fun to watch against a powerful and savvy Wisconsin line ...

Dre'Mont Jones on Ohio State is a target of mine for 5 tech if he comes out and slides a little. Christian Wilkins on Clemson is in the top 3 of DTs conversation with Vea and Lotulelei

Both teams have TEs that I believe are underrated ... They should both be 2nd-3rd round area guys ... Baugh and Fumagali. Fumagali is "Gesiski lite"

Ohio State has Price, who may be the second best interior lineman in the draft, playing Center. But the big question I have is Jamarco Jones ... how good is he?

Denzel Ward at CB ... I like him top 50, but 1st round? That may be high.

TCU And Oklahoma

Just watching Edge rushers ... Okoronkwo is likely a first round talent that could slide. Banogu is a late riser ... but has been getting outshined the past feew weeks by Boson on the other side.

Schlottmann from TCU may be a backup OG.

Orlando Brown should get exposed against TCU's edge rushers.

Reager is a freshman on TCU that's exciting. Mark Andrews the TE on Oklahoma is solid too ... likely first 3 rounds for him and I have him rated on the edge of the first.

Auburn and UGA ...

Edge rushers in Carter and Holland.

Backup running backs for Gurley on both sides, my preference would be Sony Michel ...

Carlton Davis at CB ... happy to see him get tested this weekend, but I'm also not sleeping on the other DBs, Roberts and Matthews are solid players.

Trenton Thompson at DT I think may not come out ...

Im not a big fan of any of the eligible linemen, though the UGA kid Pyke moves better than I thought.

Thoughts and comments welcome as always ...

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Champ weekend for college ... Blinkscout eyeballing a few

alyoshamucci733December 01, 2017 10:19AM

Early draft question

hubestar257December 01, 2017 02:02PM

Re: Early draft question

The Professor243December 01, 2017 03:03PM

I have basically taken Center off my draft board for now

alyoshamucci303December 01, 2017 06:02PM

just a question about Blythe

zn259December 01, 2017 06:42PM

Re: I have basically taken Center off my draft board for now

oldmanram198December 03, 2017 01:02AM

alyoshamucci298December 01, 2017 06:23PM

Re: UCF vs South Florida @ Alyo

leafnose217December 01, 2017 08:11PM

Re: UCF vs South Florida @ Alyo

alyoshamucci207December 02, 2017 08:15AM

hubestar245December 01, 2017 10:05PM

alyoshamuccii re: running backs

The_Bad_Guy202December 02, 2017 06:21AM

Wadley suffers from an issue that is not his fault ... overuse.

alyoshamucci222December 02, 2017 08:14AM

oldmanram208December 03, 2017 03:34AM

Critical that Rams seek Whitmore replacement

RockRam331December 02, 2017 03:53AM

Re: agree

leafnose217December 02, 2017 05:06AM

Whitworth was a later 2nd round pick.

RockRam232December 02, 2017 07:29AM

Re: Whitworth was a later 2nd round pick.

zn260December 02, 2017 07:40AM

Odds are low ... but Armstead and Veldheer

alyoshamucci244December 02, 2017 08:07AM

I hope your point is: odds are low in the 3rd and 4th rounds for a starting LOT

RockRam247December 02, 2017 09:22AM

yes that's what I am saying (nm)

zn215December 02, 2017 10:24AM

What about this Smith on Ga?

joram220December 02, 2017 11:28AM

Re: What about this Smith on Ga?

alyoshamucci207December 02, 2017 02:20PM

Re: That's priority #4 IMO...

dzrams186December 02, 2017 12:00PM