Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So many respected posters, so many different opinions...

November 28, 2017 09:12AM
I’ll play, too.

Sign Watkins under 2 conditions. He has a stellar remaining 5 games plus the playoffs, AND if he is willing to sign in the $8-10 million range. If either condition is not met, let him walk. WR is not a cupboard bare position group, anyway. I’m loving Reynolds, for example.

AD’s contract has been discussed to death. Rock has nailed it, IMO.

I think that NT need not require a premium draft pick to be “fixed”. Later pick or FA should do. I trust Wade on this.

Quinn is a goner, Barwin is probably a goner. I see a premium draft pick as a rush OLB. If a stud is sitting there at our pick in the 1st, I think that’s probably the move. Ebu might convince that he is starter quality on one side for the ‘18 season. If not, a second OLB must be acquired. Could be Barwin or could be some other FA. Might be a middle round pick. Again, I trust Wade on this.

I can’t quite decide on Tree as a MLB or OLB, tbh. I can see both sides of it. Wade’s gotta make that call, too. Lol.

I would stick with our current TE corps. I think that they are gonna be just fine. Save our picks and/or cap dollars for other needs. Higbee is steadily improving and Everett seems like he might be on the verge.

I would extend TruJo IF he will sign for $12 million or less. He’s young, healthy, experienced, good teammate, knows Wade’s system, just an all around known quantity. But I do think $12 million is a line in the sand. If he still wants more, let him walk. If he walks, we must either find another expensive FA or spend our 1st on a CB to replace him. Since I’m not the biggest Webster fan on this board, you can see why I’m hoping to extend TruJo. One less BIG hole to fill if they’re successful.

Finding a LOT to eventually replace Whit is on the “to do” list. But not necessarily on the early draft pick in ‘18 list. Whit looks like he’s gonna be good for another 2-3 years from my vantage point. So, if a LOT that they (Kromer) like falls to the 3rd, I’m certainly fine with the pick. But if they prefer to fill other needs and wait until’19 to get their LOT, then I’m fine with that, too. I kinda prefer filling present time perceived needs first. And there will be no shortage of ‘18 needs, I think.

In short, if they can hit on a handful of FA moves plus a very few draft picks on D positions, Wade can have his elite D in ‘18. Very doable, IMO.

The O could be set if they can extend Watkins reasonably. Heck, it might already be set if Reynolds comes on in these last 5 games plus the playoffs. Lol.

We are light years ahead of where we were at this time last year in terms of fundamental needs.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

OK. What changes need to be made in the off season to this team?

RockRam384November 28, 2017 03:22AM

I agree with all but two points...

jemach170November 28, 2017 03:26AM

Not suggesting we let Donald walk.

RockRam149November 28, 2017 03:40AM

Re: I agree with all but two points...+ a lil more

Steve147November 28, 2017 03:59AM

Re: OK. What changes need to be made in the off season to this team?

LMU93144November 28, 2017 03:48AM

Re: OK. What changes need to be made in the off season to this team?

GreatRamNTheSky192November 28, 2017 03:57AM

on Ogletree

LMU93129November 28, 2017 04:08AM

I don't think Watkins will stay

BlueRidgeHorns225November 28, 2017 08:09AM

So many respected posters, so many different opinions...

Rams43130November 28, 2017 09:12AM

This team needs a RT BADLY nm

RFIP114November 28, 2017 09:15AM

Re: This team needs a RT BADLY nm

Rams43122November 28, 2017 09:39AM