Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lack of offensive aggressiveness in "big" games...

November 25, 2017 05:25AM
Washington, Seattle and Vikes games are 3 of the 4 big games with Dallas being the 4th. These were games that were big for the following reasons:
Washington: McVey and team vs. McVey's previous team and a good test against a solid team.
Seattle: Obviously a match-up against the kings of the division for the past decade.
Vikes: Identical records, divisional leaders, on road in loud stadium.
Cowboys: On road against a team that many figured would be going deep in to the playoffs.

In the 3 losses, albeit against teams with good to very good defenses, the Rams seemed to get away from being aggressive in the passing game. Sure, in the Vikes game they ran a semi-hurry-up offense in much of the game. But... as I recall, getting to the line quickly and then waiting until 2-3 seconds before the snap doesn't really change much. In fact, I think the rams actually had 2 delay of game penalties in those situations.

So... does McVey play it safer in these "big" games? Is the defense actually dictating the offense's ability to be aggressive?

When things are working for the offense, they seem like a machine. It seems to me in their losses, the offense resembles that of last year where they just keep trying to force certain schemes and plays and don't keep going to the well on things that are working.

I am not down on this team. If they win just one more game this season they will have achieved what I was hoping for at the start of the season and for me, anything more than 8 wins is gravy. For me, this year was about getting ready for next year. That said, I'm curious to know if anyone else sees the lack of aggressiveness on offense in these "big" games the same way that I do and I'd like to know why you think it happens.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2017 05:28AM by PSJRam.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Lack of offensive aggressiveness in "big" games...

PSJRam384November 25, 2017 05:25AM

Re: Lack of offensive aggressiveness in "big" games...

chunkmeister191November 25, 2017 06:06AM

I like the quick tempo short game without the audibles

Rams_81177November 25, 2017 12:59PM

Re: Lack of offensive aggressiveness in "big" games...

Killrazor192November 25, 2017 03:09PM