Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Well, I rewatched the Giant game...

November 08, 2017 05:10PM
What fun it was, too. Lol.

A few thoughts...

MCVay keeps his foot on the gas pedal, doesn’t he? A TE sweep to Everett late in the 3rd qtr while leading 41-10? I love it!

We haven’t seen Goff’s best yet. Yeah, he had a helluva game, but there were some misses, too. Scary to think how good he might become. I think that this kid can become elite under the guidance of McVay.

I watched various OL players quite a bit. They are winning most of their matchups, sometimes spectacularly. And it ain’t just Whit and Saffold, either. It’s ALL of them. They deserve more credit for their part in these wins (blowouts). They are constantly showing up while throwing effective downfield blocks on big plays.

Sully, in particular, was effective. All over the place. But he wasn’t the only one. Kromer, take another bow, man. Your boys are kicking butt and taking names.

Goff’s demeanor was more relaxed than the vet Manning. It was amazing to see.

Gurley has become a lethal weapon with both the run and the pass. His improvement under this staff is mind boggling. Incidentally, keeping coach Peete was a stroke of genius.

Doesn’t seem quite fair to give McVay/Goff such an array of weapons for the O. Gurley, Woods, Watkins, Kupp, Higbee, now Everett and Pharoh with Reynolds waiting in the wings. Geez.

Opponents have some success early on against Wade’s D, but by mid 1st qtr he seems to have figured out their strategy and makes adjustments to shut them down. Not just this week, but every week. Rams scoring D has been exceptional since the 2nd half of the Dallas game.

Seems silly to nitpick in a 51-17 rout, but I will say that I expected a bit more QB pressure on Eli. Never mind the stats, it just seemed like the Rams were late too often in getting to Eli.

Giants were in a bind by mid 1st qtr. they wanted to run, run, run because of their WR injuries plus they wanted to keep the ball away from Goff. But after falling far behind, they were forced to pass a helluva lot more than they originally intended. Didn’t work out well for them, obviously.

I’m just gonna say it again. Quinn is reduced to a shadow of his former self. Doubt if he’s a Ram next year.

Pharoh is a find as a returner. He makes good decisions as to letting kicks go, fair catch, or returning. He has moves seldom seen, too. That spin move on the sideline? Wow!

The Ones on D holding the Giants to 10 points? Pretty impressive.

McVay started subbing for starters late in the 3rd qtr with a 48-10 lead. Smart move. He never called a single pass play after 4:00 minutes remained in the THIRD qtr. Think about that. The Giants knew that we were gonna run the ball with second stringers and still couldn’t stop a long FG drive.

That no huddle O has been devastating for 2 games in a row. McVay can give tips to Goff as they both look over the D and Goff is executing magnificently. Almost doesn’t seem fair.

It seemed as if the Rams had broken the spirit of the Giant players by early in the 3rd qtr. Ronde Barber said he thought it was as early as that Woods 33 yard conversion on 3rd down for a TD. I dunno. But I do know that I’ve waited a long time since I’ve last seen Ram teams be able to do that, much less back to back.

Too bad about the Malcolm Brown injury. He had a helluva 4th qtr while relieving Gurley.

Bring on the Texans. I can’t get enough of this. Lol.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Well, I rewatched the Giant game...

Rams43802November 08, 2017 05:10PM

Eli missed at least two potential TD's

chunkmeister240November 09, 2017 02:03AM

Re: Eli missed at least two potential TD's

GreatRamNTheSky209November 09, 2017 02:13AM

Yep. I thought so too.

RockRam182November 09, 2017 04:28AM

wrong game to be thinking the Rams have made it

zn243November 09, 2017 04:41AM

nfl lessons