Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

He played a very conservative game today

October 15, 2017 03:04PM
What I see in Goff is weekly progression. Sometimes he might overcorrect, and I think this was one of those weeks. I'm sure all last week was "If I didn't commit three turnovers, we win that game". You could see it in him today. Ultra safe, and willing to let the defense play.

Don't agree with all of it, was a little frustrating to watch. But as you say, no turn-overs by Goff, just some close calls. This is a season of real growth and learning for Goff, and I'm not adverse to it. Is what it is. There were a lot of throws that I felt he just put over because he wasn't comfortable squeezing it in this week. Just played with a "don't threaten the game..." focus today. He's going to struggle to learn and exercise consistency. We're going to see his game performance vary greatly, but as long as he's winning and not causing losses, I'll take that. Yes, there is a very long way to go. He could have pushed at the end of this game and he didn't. Not what I wanted to see, but the V formation I most certainly did.

Just win.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Goff did NOT turn the ball over

GlacieRam443October 15, 2017 02:48PM

Re: Goff did NOT turn the ball over

73Ram233October 15, 2017 02:57PM

He played a very conservative game today

Old Goat231October 15, 2017 03:04PM

Re: Goff did NOT turn the ball over

Rampage2K-194October 15, 2017 03:06PM