Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Jared Goff's Growth...These long useless articles ...

September 30, 2017 10:08PM
Mean very little to me. They pretend to help me understand the game and interpret what I see. They rely on facts as they support the thesis but the fact is they fall really short.

These articles and the approach and premis are flawed.

Goff is being over scrutinized and with an eye towards the negative. Hedging bets just in case. Every flaw possible is mentioned just in case to preserve future skepticism.

Again this is a 22 year old QB being scrutinized for not getting the ball out in time or supposedly missing all his receivers to extend play on a 60+ bomb to tightend.

Big Ben is an elite QB and has made a career of such plays with tremendous talent on hand.

Why is last year even a reference point of much consequence.

They dribble on and leave me more convinced that the writer is never objective and neither am I so why in the world do I need that article.

I have watch Brady and Manning get lucky or bailed out thru their careers but I also found the mastery in converting those opportunities whether they deserve to or not.

WRs can make an easy catch look difficult and a difficult catch look easy but who is apologizing for a pass and a catch to a WR that advances the ball and then team for a 1st down. Even a late pass, slightly underthrown or pass that is behind the WR matters less when caught. I still laugh at suggestions that low or high balls are significant for receptions if not always the case. Tom Brady is famous for his low fast balls to his WR.

Being lead vs overthrown is a significant difference and yet nothing is said about when a 1 handed reception attempt over 2 hander is warranted. This often gets overlooked in the style points category as we are enamored with the 1 handers. It is as ambiguous to me as the proverbial high pointing the ball. I have seen it successfully lead to a reception but fail to gain the goal of TD or First-down because they failed to run it out and catch in stride. Rarely is it discussed. Were they saving and interception or just securing the catch as early as possible without a thought of Down and distance needed? Look it isn't all on the QB. Everyone know this but it only really factors in a loss.

Look any strategist will tell you if it wins its in and that is all that really matters. Kupp can get cute or look to be spectacular as long as he makes the catch for the gain but I don't fault a QB for leading his WR to the outside which is where the WR was headed. I focus on this one slight from the writer because it is indicative of the overall thrust. He wanted to say "curb your enthusiasm" perhaps but I say why? We will know when the rest of the world knows and even then we won't fully agree now will we?

Overall possitive but I disagree with the painstaking effort in my opinion to be more critical than necessary as if to show no bias when the fact is to come to some of those conclusions his points we very subjective and basically caused me to wonder how this type of review would be applied to some of our more celebrated QBs.

Los Angeles Rams

Rap on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2017 10:19PM by BumRap.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Jared Goff's Growth...

Rams43608September 29, 2017 09:11AM

Re: Jared Goff's Growth...

Steve245September 29, 2017 09:31AM

Re: Great article

XXXIVwin243September 29, 2017 12:09PM

Re: Great article.....Love this stuff.

oldschoolramfan204September 30, 2017 06:13AM

BumRap197September 30, 2017 10:08PM

Rampage2K-192October 01, 2017 12:34AM

read this guys articles on Wentz, he tears him apart

max152October 01, 2017 04:01AM

that 1st gif...to Everett...

SunTzu_vs_Camus164October 01, 2017 05:14AM