Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Kool-Aid Drinkers Anonymous

September 18, 2017 02:14PM
XXXIVwin
I am XXXIVwin, and I am a Kool-Aid Drinker.

The first step to recovery is acknowledgment.

I don't know why, but more and more in recent years, especially in July and August and September, I'd find myself looking for any excuse to start chugging the Kool-Aid. It's my coping mechanism -- I can't stand the thought of yet ANOTHER disappointing Rams season, so I'd have to pump myself up with high hopes. Even if those hopes were dashed, in my mind it was better than not hoping at all. I recognize other fans don't work that way, or sometimes need to do the opposite. We all cope with being a Rams fan in our own way.

This year, I was hugely encouraged by the Raiders game-- I thought the offense looked fantastic, and I was willing to give the defense an "Incomplete" since so many starters were held out. I overlooked the other preseason games with all the backups. But then-- after the Indy game-- I managed to convince myself that the Rams had a chance to zoom all the way past being a "good" or even "great" -- maybe they could be "special."

Maybe that '99 season ruined me - I keep hoping that the Rams will reward my decades of painful faithfulness with another out-of-nowhere magic season.

Well, I was wrong. The Washington game dispelled that notion.

I still think the 2017 Rams can be good or even better than good. Lots to work with. The way they clawed back to tie it after a 13-0 deficit (and later a 20-10 deficit ) was impressive.

Bottom line, I'm still encouraged by McVay and I have hope for the future. But I gotta lay off off the turbo-charged Kool-Aid.

Until next year, anyway.

XXXIVwin

Hi, I'm Rampage2k- and I too am a kool-aid addict.

I always think there is a chance for the playoffs, until we are officially eliminated....I know it's a dream, but it's better to dream then not.

Most of those dreams turn into nightmares by late November recently, but I like to have hope....it keeps me interested I guess.

Although I thought the Rams would make a statement yesterday with a big win, I knew there was a good chance of losing that game if they lost the turnover battle and came out flat...which they did.

Good news is though, that I still have a pantry full of kool aid and endless supply of water...... The NFC West is ours to lose!!!! The other teams look dreadful and its ripe for the picking!!!

Rams get healthy this week and head into Dallas 2-1

[www.instagram.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Kool-Aid Drinkers Anonymous

XXXIVwin588September 18, 2017 02:01PM

Re: Kool-Aid hangover

leafnose180September 18, 2017 02:06PM

Rampage2K-205September 18, 2017 02:14PM

Rams43166September 18, 2017 02:43PM