Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Questions I ponder

September 14, 2017 07:26PM
1) Having to throw on 3rd and long (obvious passing situations) -how will the line hold up? Can Goff complete passes and score points when things aren't scripted and play action is not available?
• This is a concern. Last year the more teams blitzed Goff the worse the passing game was... The OL was terrible. I hope with Watkins they can burn the blitz Gurley and Austin, if healthy, should be weapons. If Kupp is the security blanket then he might get a lot of attention.

2) How does McVay handle clock management?
• Well I haven't seen much but better than Fisher, lol... Fisher was so frustrating. I sincerely hope that McVay is better and I imagine would be much better.

3) How is McVay with challenges?
• This is the same with clock management for me. I think McVay is a quick thinker. I hope he has someone/team in place to quickly make decisions so he can throw the flag if needed.

4) How will Wade's D fair against the elite offenses in this league?
• It seems that historically if Phillips has good players then his defenses are pretty good. Does he have good players? I think the answer is: probably.

5) Is Donald any less effective in this D?
• I'm not sure where I see his role change. With Quinn and Barwin, he might actually be more effective.

6) Will Watkins have a major role in this offense?
• I think its hard to tell fully. Watkins s probably going to have a major role in any offense. But until we see how McVay uses everyone I think its hard to predict how anyone will do. But Watkins appears to be able to do it all.

7) How will McVay handle player discipline (late to meetings, etc)?
• I think he comes from an old school philosophy. Evidently his practices are disciplined and he stresses attention to detail in his interviews. Plus he seems like a "rule follower" and he seems to prefer character as much as ability. Being a young coach, I don't think he can afford to be soft with players.

8) Will there be a discernible difference in on field behavior (personal fouls/ejections)
• I hope so. Fisher seemed to encourage players to be punks. A philosophy really for Fisher. Hard to be proud of a team like that. I don't think McVay will encourage that as much... and it doesn't seem like Wade would either.

9) Is there a justifiable role for Tavon?
• Absolutely. However, I think it will be interesting to see what McVay does. He has a system and if its successful without TA then I don't know how many touches he'll get. My guess is somewhere between 4 and 8 touches a game, not counting punt returns.

10) Will Donald get his extension soon?
• I doubt it. There is no urgency to get it done and his agents don't appear to want a fair contract. I think they want something record breaking. And I bet they are beside themselves that Donald came back... which kind of makes me a fan again. I think Donald is taking a pretty big risk to play. I'm not sure if that will factor in for Demoff or not in the goodwill department.I don't think the Rams will sign him.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Questions I ponder

RFIP398September 14, 2017 03:43PM

SoCalRAMatic145September 14, 2017 07:21PM

Atlantic Ram183September 14, 2017 07:26PM

Deadpool216September 14, 2017 07:51PM