Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My thoughts and Impressions on tonights win over the Raiders

August 19, 2017 09:46PM
1. Jared Goff, counting his playing time vs Dallas on his performance tonight vs the Raiders has shown to be every bit the number one overall choice he is.
I believe his QB rating for the summer is 114. Pretty damn good!

What has Goff shown us in his two appearances this summer that you do not like? I'd say you would be hard pressed to name what they are.
To me, I've loved everything he's done in both games. He's been poised, he has been accurate, and he has led this team like a franchise QB should.
Yah, its only pre-season game number 2. But it was the Raiders tonight who have a decent defense and he was playing against their ones. He also faced the cowboys ones the week before. Results? 4 of 5 drives have been scoring drives. 3 TDs and one field goal. He would have had a TD pass to Watkins tonight if the Raider DB had not been allowed to get away with an arm bar which is technically interference. The ball couldn't have been any more on the money.

2. Was good to see a running game tonight and Todd Gurley was big part of that. Welcome back Todd!

3. Pass protection was great! Raiders got to Goff only once.

4. Cooper Kupp is going to be a star.

5. Gerald Everett has been productive in both games and he is showing why he was the top pick for the Rams this year.

6. Mike Thomas was great tonight vs Oakland.

7. Josh Reynolds looked like the WR at Texas A&M he was on that TD catch to win the game.

8. Justin Davis over Malcom Brown. Its not even close. There are not many starting running backs who have to ability to make one decisive cut and explode for big yardage like Davis has shown us in two games. And he hung to the ball tonight.

9. Nelson Spruce may not make the team.

10. Pharoh Cooper is good but how do you keep him over Josh Reynolds and/or Mike Thomas?

11. Somebody get Troy Hill longer spikes on his shoes? LOL smiling smiley

12. Rams are loaded in the secondary. I've never seen them so deep with corners and Safeties before.

13. Why is Robert Quinn not playing. How many days off does he need. He's only 27. I am getting concerned.

14. Offensive line, starters and scrubs looked much better vs Oakland.

15. Is the Travis Coons experiment over yet. Please!

16. Josh Forrest may be starting very soon.

17. New linebacker Tull played well tonight and he impressed.

18. Its only game two of pre-season but we have a lot to be enthused about. Lets stick around and see what happens.

Grits
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My thoughts and Impressions on tonights win over the Raiders

GreatRamNTheSky1007August 19, 2017 09:46PM

Re: My thoughts and Impressions on tonights win over the Raiders

The Professor496August 19, 2017 10:13PM

Steve399August 19, 2017 10:30PM

Good write up Grits nm

six2stack291August 20, 2017 04:33AM

Thanks! nm

GreatRamNTheSky218August 20, 2017 04:35AM

leafnose297August 20, 2017 08:17AM

Rams43260August 20, 2017 09:16AM

With regard to the Brown vs Davis competition...

Rams43301August 20, 2017 09:28AM

Re: With regard to the Brown vs Davis competition...

GreatRamNTheSky225August 20, 2017 12:07PM

Re: Adding 2 more thoughts GRITS........

oldschoolramfan311August 20, 2017 02:38PM

i don't think it's Brown vs Davis

Rampage2K-240August 20, 2017 03:45PM