Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Spent last 4 days at camp

August 02, 2017 08:35PM
I live in the OC, so I'm going to try and make as many practices as possible. I went to 10 last year. Bummed I won't be there this weekend, I have a mini vacation planned. I will be back for Monday's practice and Wednesday's Scrimmage. Here are a few random observations:

Practices have a much different pace. Players hustle in and out of drills. Very little wasted time. They are shorter than last years as well.

Goff looks better. More confident. He's been a little inconsistent. He's missed some throws, but made his fair share of plays as well. Good today in the Hurry up. They put .50 seconds on the clock to simulate an end of half/game scenario. He was 4-4 and hit R. Woods for about 20 yards on the last play which would've put them in FG range. I like what I see. Still a work in progress.

Tight ends will defintely be a big part of the offense. Plenty of 12 personnel. As reported, Goff developing a rapport with both of them. Everett is really athletic. Looks like they are going to try and get him the ball in space and let him make plays.

Austin was participating in Running Back drills yesterday taking handoffs and pitches from the QB's. Could he be used as a RB in certain situations, especially with Dunbar's injury status? Thought that was interesting. I think they're going to find different ways to get him the ball.

Defense is way ahead of the offense at this point. The secondary has been really impressive!! I agree with Wade about our secondary being better than most people think. Tru has been great, Joyner is totally prospering from his new role, Webster looks to be solid, and Robey-Coleman has been all over the field making plays.

Ebukam has a burst. Can't wait to see him in game action.

Gurley's going to be used in the passing game. Caught a long pass yesterday and caught a TD from Goff today in a red zone drill. I like what I see from him. As reported, he's in great shape and looks to have that explosiveness back.

Kupp is the real deal. Great route runner with great hands. Doesn't have 4.4 speed but makes up for it with his precise routes. He's going to be a dependable target for Goff.

Whitworth may be the largest man I've seen in person.

Hard to Judge the offensive line. Only 2 padded practices, not a lot of one on one drills in pads.

Haven't seen a lot from Josh Reynolds. I had to ask my son after we got home if he practiced today.

Spruce and P. Cooper getting plenty of reps bouncing back and forth between the 1's and 2's

Don't tell Eric Dickerson, but Mannion's been very average. Strong arm but hasn't been very accurate.

Josh Forrest could have a tough time making this team. Consistently running with the 3rd team.

Hager stayed after practice and was working as a long snapper.

Troy Hill has had a good camp so far IMO.

M. Thomas was in shorts running sprints on his own today. Not sure what the deal with him is. I asked JB Long about it and he said he was "injured".

That's all I can remember for now. If anyone has a question, I'd be happy to answer it.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Spent last 4 days at camp

OCRamRef681109August 02, 2017 08:35PM

Thanks man, great report

FootballGenius466August 02, 2017 08:39PM

Re: Thanks man, great report

BeachBoy432August 02, 2017 11:21PM

OCRamRef68328August 03, 2017 06:02AM

good points

LMU93329August 03, 2017 06:36AM