Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Off-season Half-Time Thoughts & Opinions

June 23, 2017 06:40PM
some other thoughts in my head

TJ MacDonald
TJs first couple of seasons were pretty good.
Not sure if Joyner is the main body at safety to replace him
Not sure if I like the rookie Johnson. Has more flaws, imo, than TJ did coming out.
with quite a lot resting on the backend of the defense holding up well with the conversion to a new defensive scheme I've haven't heard much about that part of the unit to quell my unease.

running a 3-4?
not the faintest. I'm just resistant.
don't like the idea of pulling DTs; and I don't like Ogletree being so responsible for patrolling the interior, either

not wanting to sound negative. Every year the club has a chance to win games, and fails to execute when it counts
Like the new head coach, and at halftime here? Very encouraged by his communication skills, and what appears to be a clear idea of what he wants to do, and what his players need to do to make the engine go.

Retooled offense sets, and signal calls? Just have to see how it goes early in the preseason games.

Showing they can get in and out of the huddles, and make some larger splash plays, and be efficient in picking up chain moving execution right from the start of the preseason would show me that they can have a decent chance of being entertaining.

Yes. At halftime here, I seem more excited about the new head coach than the roster.

RFIP

McVay is breath of fresh air at the very least. But is he in over his head as a HC is what remains to be seen. Seems like a real bright guy however so there is reason for great optimism for sure.

Wade on the other hand is a huge get. It may take a year+ to get all the guys he needs to run his version of the 3-4 but I think this D is headed toward greatness. One caveat- his health.

Snead I have long ago had my feel of and hopefully he gets the boot soon.

Goff/Gurley - Gurley has at least produced at a high level once in this league, Goff has much to prove and needs to step up ASAP.

Many here are over the top regarding the WRs. I "like" Woods for what he IS and and no visions that he will become a superstar and that's ok. Kupp by most accounts is on his way to Canton. I just hope he doesn't get overwhelmed by unrealistic expectations. Can Reynolds be our top-lifter? Will Tavon have a defined roll he can succeed at? Are any of these TE's capable of upgrading a position that has stunk for years? I'll have to see it first.

I like the evolving OL lead by Whitworth and....wait for it...IF Saffold can stay healthy! Sully needs to stay on the field too and show he's still has gas in the tank. Brown at RT? Haver inside? Color me a bit skeptical on those two for now.

Major plus was ridding this team of the ominous shadows of poor players ie Robinson, Kendricks, etc.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Off-season Half-Time Thoughts & Opinions

BeachBoy826June 21, 2017 07:32PM

RFIP287June 22, 2017 03:19AM

leafnose280June 23, 2017 06:40PM