Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Off-season Half-Time Thoughts & Opinions

June 21, 2017 07:32PM
Gang,

If I have read the off-season calendar correctly, the next big date is the start of training camp in the 2nd half of July. So outside of the Front Office items, it looks like we have a 4/5 break in NFL related activities.

My response is not inclusive, just the things that concern me. I'm curios what people think of this years iteration of our beloved team?

My Thoughts:

HC McVay - I really won't be able to draw on accurate conclusion on this guy until the season starts since the most valued indicator of a HC is the W/L record. So all I can give is a partial grade. 5 months in I really like what I've seen so far. Not sure of who has final say on the roster, but overall I'm encouraged with most of the moves they made. Just based on roster alone you can tell Fisher is not in charge!

DC Phillips - Thrilled that McVay was able to bring SOB (Son of Bum) on board! He has an impressive track records as a DC and even a good amount of experience has an HC, which will hopefully be a positive in interacting with a 1st time HC in McVay.

CM Snead - I'm sure many of you won't agree with this, but I'm glad they kept Snead. I mainly say this because, from what I understand, Fisher had final say on the Roster (Draft, trades...). Having said this, it will be interesting to see how Snead does without Fisher's involvement.

Goff - considering what McVay did with Cousins, means we brought in the right HC for Goff. If Goff can replicate Cousins growth, they we head to the playoffs!

Gurley - only time will tell, but right now he looks like an enigma. He seems to possess an impress tool and looks to be an elite RB, but all the holes he missed last year concern me. From what I know, which is incredible limited, vision is a key trait for great RB's. His apparent lack of field vision worries me as much s the OLine creating holes/seams for him to run through.

O Line - for me the O Line is more important the WR/TE. A good O Line helps both running and passing. If we can do both, obviously the better off we are Trading Robinson, which I consider a gift from the fb gods!, is addition by subtraction. Frankly, will be down right peeved if our O Line is at least outside the bottom 10 this season! Anything above that will be gravy!

WR/TE - honestly I have no clue what t expect until the season starts. Bringing in Woods looks chancy because of what we paid, but even more worrisome is (apparently) hoping TA is our deep threat. I would put better odds that we play the Browns in the next SB, than TV becoming a legit deep threat! I think he has caught like 15 passes that were more than 15 years beyond the LOS in 3 years!! For a starting WR with his speed, 15 receptions is mind numbingly depressing!

Gentlemen, start your keyboards! Would love to hear your thoughts.

BeachBoy
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Off-season Half-Time Thoughts & Opinions

BeachBoy823June 21, 2017 07:32PM

Re: Off-season Half-Time Thoughts & Opinions

RFIP286June 22, 2017 03:19AM

Re: Off-season Half-Time Thoughts & Opinions

leafnose280June 23, 2017 06:40PM