Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I see a gem or two tops...

June 07, 2017 04:36PM
His strength is his gap penetration ability.

It's also become a liability. Which is troublesome.

No it hasn’t. It’s sometimes used against him but his positive plays far outweigh and outnumber those times.

But its not penetration + stripsack or + fumble

The man should look up some stats. Name an interior defender that is getting penetration + stripsacks or + fumbles. No one! Single handed forced turnovers is not something that regularly comes from that position.

On the contrary in the fourth quarter when the game is on the line...Penetration + late hit = free set of downs

Um, how many times has this happened? Not many. I'd challenge someone to provide a number.

Grob gets crucified where AD get 100 million

Grob gets crucified because he hadn’t done anything positive before the stupid penalty. Terrible logic. These are not gems. He’s got to do better.

4th quarter your up by three and the ball is at your 45 yard line 3rd and 15...penetrate gap + knock the opposing QB into concussion protocol or penentrate gap + destroy all grip on football.

AD chooses the former every time. That's not playing smart savvy 100m dollar football in my book.

He must not realize that forced fumbles from interior defenders is actually pretty rare. The QB sees them coming and protects the ball. The man should go look up some stats sometime.

The other problem I am seeing is his gap penetration in the run game. This is my biggest problem with him.

Yes, he gets deep into backfield and blows up plays all by himself.

That's the problem he's playing one man football. He's freelancing and getting way out of position often at the expense of his other defenders.

A fine example of this was Buffalo who ran the ball right at his gap. The book on Donald is let him penetrate himself out of the play, turn the 1-tech and gash the hell out of the massive lane. Its counter and cutback heaven.

Yes, this happens sometimes. There are some isolated examples of big runs from Donald’s over-penetration. But he blows up more plays all by himself more often than allowing big gains. There are metrics like 'Stops' that measure these things. Donald is always at the top of the league among interior defenders in such stats.

Consider that open lane on passing down also. It's a clear passing lane to throw the football. I'm not sure AD had ever tipped a pass in his life... It's also a free scrambling lane for a QB to escape. The 9r's QB killed us up the middle game one last season.

Again, the man should look up some stats. Donald had 5 passes defensed last year on tipped passes.

In fact GW started taking AD out of the DL rotation on running downs at the latter end of the season.

If this happened, it didn’t happen much. Donald played about 77% of the total defensive snaps last year which is the most he’s ever done. His 830 snaps were the 9th highest in the league for interior defenders.

And his snap counts remained fairly consistent over the length of the season. If he got taken our for run downs late in the season, we would have seen his late season snap count dip. It didn't. The theory that he was taken out on running downs is false. Again, the man should look up some stats…

For me AD needs to play better vs the run, create more turnovers, smarter late in games and show some veteran leadership.

Play better versus the run? PFF has Donald 3rd behind Damon Harrison and Kawaan Short at run defense. Create more turnovers? That would be great and possibly make him worth $200 mil. since he’s already doing that a high rate for interior defenders.

I would call Cleveland and ask for 3 x # 1's (both picks in 2018) and a player (Joe Thomas).

One of the reasons trading a future HOF’er is not very smart is because the trade market typically undervalues established players and overvalues draft picks.

There has NEVER been a trade of an established player for 3 #1 picks. In fact, it’s rare for a team to receive even 2 first round picks. In 2000, Joey Galloway was traded to the Cowboys for a first rounder in 2000 and 2001. In 2001, there was the Keyshawn Johnson trade to the Bucs for the 13th and 27th pick.Those are the last trades of vet players for more than one 1st round pick. It’s rare! It will continue to be rare given the new CBA and lower rookie salaries.

Darrell Revis was recently traded for one 1st round pick and a 4th round pick at a time when he was at the top of his game.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Hacksaw_64 spittin gems...

laram798June 07, 2017 05:40AM

Oh yes, let's let a building block walk for the guarantee of draft picks

promomasterj399June 07, 2017 02:39PM

Do you still believe...

Saguaro328June 07, 2017 04:31PM

dzrams315June 07, 2017 04:36PM

zn289June 07, 2017 06:25PM

Re: Hacksaw_64 spittin ####...