Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hacksaw_64 spittin gems...

June 07, 2017 05:40AM
Hacksaw_64 from RFU on Aaron Donald:

He's a tremendous talent no doubt.

But he just doesn't alter the scoreboard enough.

IMO 100 + million dollar players contracts should be reserved for players that alter the game and score. I am not to say AD can't be that player he just isn't that complete player yet.

His strength is his gap penetration ability.

It's also become a liability.

Which is troublesome.

But its not penetration + stripsack or + fumble

On the contrary in the fourth quarter when the game is on the line...

Penetration + late hit = free set of downs

Grob gets crucified where AD get 100 million

4th quarter your up by three and the ball is at your 45 yard line 3rd and 15...

penetrate gap + knock the opposing QB into concussion protocol or penentrate gap + destroy all grip on football

AD chooses the former every time. That's not playing smart savvy 100m dollar football in my book.

I'm not saying he hasn't made some big plays late in games. Just not enough. Not for that contract. imo

The other problem I am seeing is his gap penetration in the run game.

This is my biggest problem with him.

Yes, he gets deep into backfield and blows up plays all by himself.

That's the problem he's playing one man football. He's freelancing and getting way out of position often at the expense of his other defenders.

A fine example of this was Buffalo who ran the ball right at his gap. The book on Donald is let him penetrate himself out of the play, turn the 1-tech and gash the hell out of the massive lane. Its counter and cutback heaven.

Consider that open lane on passing down also. It's a clear passing lane to throw the football. I'm not sure AD had ever tipped a pass in his life... It's also a free scrambling lane for a QB to escape. The 9r's QB killed us up the middle game one last season.

In fact GW started taking AD out of the DL rotation on running downs at the latter end of the season.

Then there's the temper tantrums. The entire team looks up to AD as a leader. Yet he's slamming his helmet drawing flags in the 4th quarter.

Why is it with AD "it's passion?" and Grob its "he's stupid?"

Look clearly I am not going to compare AD's production on the field to Grob but some of the behavior is strikingly similar.

For me AD needs to play better vs the run, create more turnovers, smarter late in games and show some veteran leadership.

That would start by showing up for practice. Voluntary or not. Happy with contract or not.

I would call Cleveland and ask for 3 x # 1's (both picks in 2018) and a player (Joe Thomas).

One of the Browns number one's could likely be Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen or Josh Allen..

You could hedge your bets against Goff .

With some luck Goff pans out and you could flip that pick for an absolute kings ransom and still have 3 number ones (The Rams 2018, The Browns other 2018 #1, and Browns 2019 #1) in your pocket plus whatever you get in the haul (likely 3 more number ones +++)...

Best,
Laram

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2017 06:13AM by laram.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Hacksaw_64 spittin gems...

laram795June 07, 2017 05:40AM

Oh yes, let's let a building block walk for the guarantee of draft picks

promomasterj396June 07, 2017 02:39PM

Do you still believe...

Saguaro328June 07, 2017 04:31PM

Re: I see a gem or two tops...

dzrams315June 07, 2017 04:36PM

Re: I see a gem or two tops...

zn289June 07, 2017 06:25PM

Re: Hacksaw_64 spittin ####...