Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I've said this about a number of the college receivers..

Anonymous User
May 12, 2017 11:19AM
laram
So this is not limited to Cooper Kupp.

Corner play in college has disintegrated to a point where its much more difficult to evaluate receivers, at least for ME.

But IMO Kupp has as much opportunity to succeed as any of the others.

Where he lacks in straight line speed he more than makes up in smarts and route running ability.

Great route running creates separation.

IMO he's coming in as close to "pro ready" as a receiver is gonna be.

Don't be fooled, lots of guys have come in a run a couple of routes put up some numbers and everybody gushes over them.

Kupp IMO can come in and run any route even though its from the slot.

The appreciable difference its inside the hashes where there is more traffic so its more difficult inside.

McVay and co obviously wanted to give Goff some solid technicians (Woods & Kupp) who can find the dead spots in zones and be reliable targets.

Guys that are disciplined route runners with hands, essentially the antithesis of Quick, Britt, Austin and Kendricks.

Hopefully Reynolds and Everette can pull some coverages and not only open up things for Kupp and Woods in the short to intermediate game, but create some deep love for themselves.

Its not difficult to see what they're doing and I like it!

I have to admit laram, you never sugarcoat your personal observations and you have been correct on many of your no nonsense predictions (some of them that I didn't agree on) which is why I respect your personal evaluations on players, coaches and general Rams Intel etc..

It is good to know that you give Kupp a favorable chance to succeed out of the slot (which is what I thought his best position was after doing 2 film sessions on him.)

Honestly, I was skeptical of Kupp at first doing my first film session on him and I absolutely didn't want the Rams to draft another slot receiver in this draft, unless it was in the 4th round or later.

Anyway after seeing a couple of his post combine interviews and doing another film session on him, I re-ranked him behind JuJu as my #2 day two WR in the draft and of course was happy the Rams selected him with their #69 pick.

I have no doubt that you have done plenty of film review on Kupp and because you think he's a good fit for McVay and company to have success, people on this board that know you should be feeling a little better about our #69 small school FBS slot receiver thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2017 11:21AM by Florida_Ram.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

For those that think Kupp is getting too much hype......

Anonymous User1414May 11, 2017 11:00AM

Re: I've said this about a number of the college receivers..

laram341May 12, 2017 09:52AM

RamsFanSinceLA310May 12, 2017 10:22AM

Re: I'm in agreement with you

laram276May 12, 2017 10:48AM

Re: I'm in agreement with you

RamsFanSinceLA247May 12, 2017 11:55AM

Where do you think Everett fits in this route-running philosophy?

RockRam311May 12, 2017 10:33AM

Re: I dunno Rock...

laram290May 12, 2017 10:58AM

I've said this about a number of the college receivers..

Anonymous User410May 12, 2017 11:19AM

Old Goat238May 12, 2017 02:06PM

this was posted over draft weekend

PHDram282May 12, 2017 10:26AM

Scharger hyping him up yesterday on NFL Network ......

Rampage2K-285May 12, 2017 01:56PM