Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

M&M Boys Backing Up Goff…Exciting

May 07, 2017 05:00AM
Now relax, this is not a knock on the California Kid as I look forward to Goff showcasing major growth in year two under the tutelage of McVay, LaFleur and Olson. I also feel very strongly about the depth at this position and I know some of you feel it’s sacrilegious to carry three QB’s, but I’m old school and like having three QB’s on the roster, if they are worthy.

Sean Mannion is not the villain we can root for Mannion and hope that he plays as much as Paul Justin did in 1999, but I am anxious to see how Mannion takes to McVay’s offense because it’s about getting rid of the ball quickly something that Mannion has struggled with from time to time. Mannion at 6’6 is the tallest QB on the roster and there is no questioning his arm strength, the key for Sean besides not holding the ball too long and being very careful not turning the ball over as he did that at nauseam in his Senior year at Oregon State. If the triumvirate of the three offensive coaches annotated above can make an impact on Mannion as well, the Rams could use him as a major trade trip moving forward.

I always did like Aaron Murray at Georgia and was actually pleased with his addition to the field generals here in Southern California. Now I understand he had his hiccups in Kansas City, but Murray was known for his ability to lead at Georgia and always seemed to rise to the occasion when the chips were down. Murray is much shorter than Goff & Mannion at 6’1 on a good day, but he has the ability to escape the pocket and a quick release as well so this offense could be tailored made for him, however, he has been in similar offenses in Kansas City & Philadelphia. So this could be it for Murray although I never believe that about Quarterbacks, but Murray truly needs to showcase he is worthy of a roster spot because with two young guns in Goff & Mannion combined with their youth, it might be difficult to keep three, but this regime will have an affinity for that position.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

M&M Boys Backing Up Goff…Exciting

den-the-coach730May 07, 2017 05:00AM

Re: I'd only keep 2 QBs

merlin248May 07, 2017 08:01AM

A solid backup is critical though

LesBaker259May 07, 2017 08:15AM