Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

You know, that's a brilliant topic discussion...

May 02, 2017 03:46PM
"how much does a player love the game".... but of course you're right, how can we know that? I think we can know... sometimes, but mostly it's a big ??? Even after they've begun playing in the NFL.

I often 'think' I know but mostly likely I'm wrong as often as right or perhaps even mostly wrong. Loving competition and loving the game can be two different things, I think.

Then, of course, there's love of the big bucks, love of fame for fame's sake, and so many other motivations. And I couldn't begin to guess if one particular motivation is any better than another, if one is.

I was speaking with the coach for Dordt College this weekend past and it was very interesting... his 'love' of the game was obvious, and well articulated. I've had players, (I coached youth football for.... I forget, 12 years I think?, and High School for another 4), and during that time I met several that 'loved' the game... but then, I was with them every day, face to face, it was pretty easy to know.... a player I've never met? Tough.

Here's what is most likely a silly thought, but I still ponder it.... what happens when a player is drafted by team he has never liked? confused smiley Or even by a team that's not his favorite.... I know that probably sounds silly but I'm pretty darned sure I would have had problems being drafted to anyone other than the Rams. (not that that was ever a snow ball's chance in hell of a possibility laughing smiley ). I've wondered about that for years.... I have to admit being a bit concerned about it when I learned Goff was a Montana/Niner fan. angry smiley

Sure, I would have played... and said 'all the right things' in my interviews - - - but inside? confused smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Our Draft guys...

JamesJM716May 02, 2017 01:21PM

Thank you good sir ... :)

alyoshamucci273May 02, 2017 03:06PM

You know, that's a brilliant topic discussion...

JamesJM174May 02, 2017 03:46PM

The fan question has always been big for me ...

alyoshamucci302May 02, 2017 04:39PM

And probably...

JamesJM194May 02, 2017 04:44PM

I like the draft balance here

Flipper336235May 03, 2017 08:02AM