Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Let's think about that for a minute.

April 29, 2017 04:29AM
First, I would have been all in for Lamp.

But.....many of us have thought for a long time that all throughout the Rams team we had much better personnel than coaches and schemes to utilize them. Maybe you did or you didn't. But I have strongly felt that way.

I don't know enough about Oline to technically evaluate. But.....when a new HC and new highly respected and experienced Oline coach comes in, moves people around, and after OTA's and mini-camp we don't see an Oline player taken when clearly the Rams had Lamp fall into their laps, then there is no doubt that the decision was that they're OK with Oline personnel. Nobody is suggesting a Dallas caliber Oline. But, merely middle of the road, NFL competent would be a great improvement. And I have wondered all along if Robinson wasn't miscast as a LT, and Saffold surely is a better OG than OT, and we now have an All-Pro at LT (and no, he's not a career injury Jake Long).

All that said: Snead believes that you can find Oline starters in the mid to late rounds (right or wrong). And here we are in the 4th with 2 picks.

So if the thought is that we're OK as is for the Oline, but what we lack is playmakers at TE and WR (which we surely do), and then they go out and fill those roles (at least in their minds) , then I can't complain.

We can debate whether or not these guys are the right guys. But to target offensive playmakers and make them a priority over all else with our top picks makes too much sense to question.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Here's the thing. We could have had a first round player this year...

max521April 29, 2017 04:15AM

Let's think about that for a minute.

RockRam258April 29, 2017 04:29AM

Tell you what..

max192April 29, 2017 04:33AM

Max. Rather than just be angry, read what I said.

RockRam250April 29, 2017 05:11AM

Amen RockRam nm

GreatRamNTheSky190April 29, 2017 04:38AM

We couldn't Max

RamUK292April 29, 2017 05:00AM

Re: Here's the thing. We could have had a first round player this year...

six2stack133April 29, 2017 05:41AM