Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

not necessarily at all

April 29, 2017 05:48AM
What it tells us is that their way of line-building does not always line up with OURS.

It is an online favorite thing to fall in love with a pundit-ranked player and then to couple that with the belief that OLs are only built right with high picks. The Dallas approach.

So I don't know how many people said in 2013 that the Rams HAD TO draft Warmack or Cooper.

Well, actually...if you look around the league at good OLs, they are NOT all built one way.

There are other ways, including using low picks and free agents and "cast offs."

That was the approach in 97-98 btw when the Rams built their 99 OL.

That's the approach this time too. So it seems.

To me it's a blindspot. That's honest and fair cause it's just my view, I am not sitting in judgment. But I still see a blindspot, so here's my opinion on it. To me that blindspot is this---that unless a team drafts pundit ranked OL high they are not approaching line building right.

It is actually very refreshing and illuminating to go around the league every year, look at the best 6-7 OLs from around the league, and ask how they are built. What you find is that the "draft name recognition OL high" approach can work...and it can fail, too. Some top OLs are built that way, some aren't. There's more than one way to build an OL. There just is, that's out there as a fact to be verified just by looking.

I mean they added Whitworth and Sullivan and are shifting where everyone plays. That tells you they are satisfied with what they have? Tells me they are FIXING what they have.

BUT. (Blindspot again)...they just do not happen to be doing it with high picked name recognition OL types.

Which is legitimate...there's more than one way to build an OL.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2017 05:49AM by zn.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

This draft tells me that Kromer/McVay OK with Oline personnel

RockRam635April 29, 2017 03:39AM

Re: This draft tells me that Kromer/McVay OK with Oline personnel

Classicalwit259April 29, 2017 03:55AM

David Deacon235April 29, 2017 03:59AM

It tells me Snead is incompetent.

max257April 29, 2017 04:12AM

farley262April 29, 2017 04:40AM

Yes. Development of young guys a big issue.

RockRam237April 29, 2017 04:58AM

Lamp is a Charger not a Seahawk

The_Zone234April 29, 2017 04:45AM

Really? Good. Somehow I got that mixed up. (nm)

RockRam239April 29, 2017 04:59AM

not necessarily at all

zn238April 29, 2017 05:48AM