Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

This draft tells me that Kromer/McVay OK with Oline personnel

April 29, 2017 03:39AM
Although we are likely to see a Center drafted in round 4, this draft tells me that after OTAs and Mini-camp, the Rams coaches have determined that they can fashion a functional Oline with the players they have. It is the ONLY explanation for not sitting there at 37 and taking Lamp.

The Rams clearly feel that offensive playmakers are where the bigger deficiency in personnel lies after adding Whitworth and Sullivan. And I agree. Although I sure would have liked to have added Lamp. Makes me nuts that Seattle wound up with him. But, the Rams did do the thing that I like: they took a 5th to move up to a 3rd. But they did it by moving back 8 slots....the thing I don't like. If round taken means anything (and it does), moving up from the 5th to the 3rd gives you a better player. Notice how NE did essentially the same. They, too, felt that the 3rd round offered a great deal of value this year.

That said, the Rams have so many Secondary players hitting FA next year that no doubt picking a potential starter in round 3 was a priority.

As for picking Everett: I simply have no idea. I watched some of his highlights, but everybody looks good on highlights......that's why they're called highlights. He runs like a WR, catches like a WR. Has good acceleration. Fast enough that he could run away from some of his DII college competition.

As for Kupp? I can't understand why anyone could doubt that pick. We have all discussed Kupp in the past. Really, he probably should have been an early round 2 pick. The problem for him is that he's a machine like Anquan Boldin. No flash. No showboat. No oohs and aaahs. No amazing physique. All he does is separate, beat his man, and catch everything thrown to him and make TDs. Against anybody. The dude is just a great college WR with good size, good speed, and elite quickness and hands. As McVay (and others) have said, he is THE most polished route runner in the draft, can separate against the best competition, and is a pretty much a coach on the field. This is a really good pick. He is our new Isaac Bruce.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

This draft tells me that Kromer/McVay OK with Oline personnel

RockRam635April 29, 2017 03:39AM

Re: This draft tells me that Kromer/McVay OK with Oline personnel

Classicalwit259April 29, 2017 03:55AM

David Deacon235April 29, 2017 03:59AM

It tells me Snead is incompetent.

max257April 29, 2017 04:12AM

farley262April 29, 2017 04:40AM

Yes. Development of young guys a big issue.

RockRam237April 29, 2017 04:58AM

Lamp is a Charger not a Seahawk

The_Zone234April 29, 2017 04:45AM

Really? Good. Somehow I got that mixed up. (nm)

RockRam239April 29, 2017 04:59AM

not necessarily at all

zn239April 29, 2017 05:48AM