Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: This tells me they ain't drafting a CB high...

April 24, 2017 07:47AM
What it tells me is TruJo won't be traded. I don't see even the slightest clue how about impacting our draft. If a fabulous first round talent who is 0 our highest graded player on our board is available at 1-37 he will be our pick. That's a guarantee. Hopefully we re/sign Trujo for a longer deal and we are deep at the position for many years. Can't have enough good corners. The only way I see passing at BPA at a relative position of need is if two prospects are equally graded. If that's the case you look at other factors including need and scheme fit. You would also weigh competition level, health, and measurables. You would recheck back grounds. You would factor in interviews. You would factor in relative depth chart based on length of existing team contracts. You night check Wonderlic scores. You might consider how much excitement this player could generate to please fans. If you have several equally rated players bunched around our pick you might consider dropping a dfew picks to get another shot in a later round.
There's a lot to drafting. It's rarely as simple as "our offense sucks and we have talent in defense so we'll draft offense." That is called reaching and it makes your overall talent base weaker. I'm not saying we're not drafting a WE or TE at 37. We absolutely might. And I would be happy if it was a good player. I'm just debating the idea that you can guess based on other predraft moves. Probably we won't draft a QB, P, or K high. Beyond that we won't have a clue until the 36 pick is made. At that point my heart rate will be high and I'll probably be screaming for some guy I like who is still available. We might all be doing the same thing and scream out different names. Afterward they'll be a France of posts either liking or hating the pick. Of all that I am fairly certain. But, even all that might not happen because Snead moves up and down often in drafts. No one predicted he would move up to 1-1 last year. Some thought he should move up for Tavon. And he did. He moved up to snag Joyner, moved for Ogletree. For that RB. You get the picture. I love the mocks where predictions are made for all the picks to project our options at 37. It's a ton a fun.
But, any one trade throws them all out. One odd pick ruins the charts. Somebody offers a million dollars to perfectly predict all 32 picks in the right order and they'll never pay a dime. If the GMs and scouts can't do it with all their information then how can a Joe do it without? We'll see. Maybe we get that WR you covet. You can write I told you so. And you did. But, if we get that CB you told us we won't draft, don't worry because there's no way to be wrong. We might go DE, or OLB or FS or ILB. We might go TE, or OC, or OG or WR. We need all those kinds of players. And we have seven more picks and UFA after the draft to add more prospects. There's a ton of NFL FAs still unsigned out there as well. We will draft or sign a bunch of guys on both offense and defense. Some will make the team. I love the draft. It's very exciting. I love predicting and crossing guys off as we get closer to our picks. It's a little less interesting because we don't have a pick in the first round...yet. But there will be 32 players eliminated from the best available lists after day one. And then only 4 picks before we're on the clock day two. So the night after day one we can scramble and debate. We will figure out that some very good players are still in drafted and we are guaranteed one of them. That's when the debates get real. That's when the true GMs feel pressure. That's hold your breath time. That's exciting.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

TruJo looks like he's staying put, for '17 anyway...

Rams43748April 24, 2017 06:26AM

Yay

TonyHunter87221April 24, 2017 06:41AM

This tells me they ain't drafting a CB high...

max318April 24, 2017 06:43AM

Re: This tells me they ain't drafting a CB high...not really

Rampage2K-348April 24, 2017 07:34AM

Rams need impact offense

ferragamo79271April 24, 2017 08:02AM

Re: Rams need impact offense...yes we do!!!

Rampage2K-226April 24, 2017 08:29AM

yeah I see it as value + fit

zn284April 24, 2017 08:55AM

Re: This tells me they ain't drafting a CB high...

SoCalRAMatic185April 24, 2017 07:47AM

Re: It's TE or WR at #37.......Whoever is ranked higher on the board IMHO.

oldschoolramfan224April 24, 2017 10:27AM

My standard TE reply...

JamesJM204April 24, 2017 10:38AM

Re: My standard TE reply...

SoCalRAMatic249April 24, 2017 10:56AM

Deja Vu....

JamesJM239April 24, 2017 10:59AM

Re: Deja Vu....

TonyHunter87259April 24, 2017 12:00PM

hehe, no. (nm)

JamesJM207April 24, 2017 12:08PM

Waste of salary