Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thanks. Yeah, for me, I like guys who play like football players.

April 15, 2017 05:55AM
When I look at what Bob McGinn and Mayock do, they tend to give extra value to very good football players. McGinn because he talks to GMs, Mayock because it is just his way probably because he is a former player.

Some of the other supposed draft gurus tend to give extra credit for Height/Weight/Speed and potential.

I'd have to say that what teams like the Pats do is to give less weight to Combine numbers and even some guys with immediate medical issues (Gronk) and take guys who are great college players, usually with at least 1 very special attribute even if their other attributes are just OK.

This is why I like, for instance, Kupp and Engram as skill players. Great college production, excellent football players, with at least 1 special attribute. With Kupp, it is superb route running and defense recognition and hands. No, he's not particularly big or fast or slick. With Engram it is speed and suddenness. Yeah, he's not a good in-line blocker and is a so-so route runner with better than average hands. Both have played a zillion games and are mature football players (for college, of course). The consistently make plays against every level of competition.

It is why I think Spruce is going to be a Goff and McVay favorite. GREAT hands, really good route runner, instinctive. Speed; so-so. Size: so-so. Mature football player.

I think so many of these WRs that are getting great hype is because they almost get ranked by H/W/S. Everything I read about Ross says that he's just so-so as a football player; has a hard time staying healthy; not very big. He's just really really fast so he can run by guys. Not my kind of guy.

Anyway, I'm so curious to see the kind of players the Rams draft under the McVay/Snead regime.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Another example of poor technique at the college level...

laram699April 14, 2017 05:33AM

SC guys aren't the brightest

21Dog358April 14, 2017 05:44AM

Re: SC guys aren't the brightest

oldschoolramfan217April 14, 2017 05:54AM

poor technique at the college level... Adoree at #37 ?

Anonymous User249April 14, 2017 06:12AM

I would celebrate in a positive way

Rams_81237April 14, 2017 04:32PM

I hope they don't draft him

Ram49419April 14, 2017 08:28PM

Playmaker

Rams_81230April 15, 2017 03:00AM

OK. But isn't that the case most years?

RockRam192April 15, 2017 05:13AM

Re: OK. But isn't that the case most years?

laram294April 15, 2017 05:20AM

Thanks. Yeah, for me, I like guys who play like football players.

RockRam179April 15, 2017 05:55AM