Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: OK. But isn't that the case most years?

April 15, 2017 05:20AM
RockRam
I do agree with you (as far as my, admittedly, low ability to judge such technical matters as you can).

But on the other hand , this is why I am not big on the Combine. Those numbers represent athletic ability; not football playing prowess.

So I think way too often teams are enamored by "potential" meaning: not a real good football player but has lots of athleticism so maybe he could be.

And, I think those choices are fine with 7th round picks and UDFAs. But not with 1 - 6 round picks. They BETTER be good football players above all else.

I have no idea about Jackson. But he is small for an NFL corner, and what I'm reading says that he is a fabulous athlete and decent guy. But the NFL sheds those guys right and left because......guess what......turns out they don't play football very well.

The other issue I have with that is that if a guy has to learn how to play football, then his 1st (cheap) contract means he is learning and not producing. So if he ever becomes even a decent player, likely it'll be somewhere else.

This draft is going to tell me a lot about what McVay and Snead as a team are looking for: athletic potential or great college production from really good football players.

Yes but its important that you marry the athleticism with the tape. That process is as close to fail proof as you can get.

And the remainder of your post is exactly why I had Adoree on my overvalued list.

Adoree as well as most of this class at corner are being disproportionately weighted because of their measurements.

Its what I have been posting about here for years as to why there are so many busts drafted year after year.

Teams: "Wow he's got great athleticism and measurements, we can make him into a great football player"

That thought process is problematic.

Best,
Laram
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Another example of poor technique at the college level...

laram700April 14, 2017 05:33AM

SC guys aren't the brightest

21Dog360April 14, 2017 05:44AM

Re: SC guys aren't the brightest

oldschoolramfan217April 14, 2017 05:54AM

poor technique at the college level... Adoree at #37 ?

Anonymous User249April 14, 2017 06:12AM

I would celebrate in a positive way

Rams_81238April 14, 2017 04:32PM

I hope they don't draft him

Ram49420April 14, 2017 08:28PM

Playmaker

Rams_81231April 15, 2017 03:00AM

OK. But isn't that the case most years?

RockRam192April 15, 2017 05:13AM

Re: OK. But isn't that the case most years?

laram294April 15, 2017 05:20AM

Thanks. Yeah, for me, I like guys who play like football players.

RockRam180April 15, 2017 05:55AM