Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Aaron Kromer.

March 24, 2017 05:14PM
BeachBoy
Gang,

This might seem like a dumb question, but for me it holds some importance. I do want to win, but not at all cost. There are certain players I really don't want to see in horns (i.e. Cutler, Greg Hardy), and there are certain players I root for because I like/respect them (i.e. Archie Manning).

I wanted Fisher to succeed for two reasons: #1, He was the coach of MY team; #2. I really like him as a person. Per #2, by all accounts he is a decent person, just too bad he was less than hoped for coach!

Having said this, it makes it easier to pull for someone I like, albeit based pretty much on image. So far I like McVay, seems like a guy I can root for. Don't know if he is HC quality, but we are soon to find out.

I haven't done any digging on the story, so my mind isn't set in stone about it. Don't know if he's been exonerated, etc. But if Kromer is guilty of what was reported, I hate the idea of him coaching my team.

[www.nfl.com]

"Bills' Aaron Kromer arrested for assault and battery

By Kevin Patra

Published: July 13, 2015 at 10:58 a.m.

Updated: July 13, 2015 at 12:42 p.m.

Buffalo Bills offensive line coach Aaron Kromer was arrested for assault and battery early Sunday morning in Florida. Kromer and his son, Zachary, got into an altercation with his neighbor's son, a minor, in Inlet Beach, according to a Walton County Sheriff's Office police report released Monday.

The police report explains that Kromer confronted three boys over using their beach chairs left by a beach access. Kromer allegedly grabbed their fishing pole and threw it into the water. He then allegedly pushed one of the boys to the ground and punched him in the face before telling the boys to return the chairs.

The police report states that Kromer caused bodily harm to the victim's left eye.

Kromer allegedly threatened to kill the victim's family if he reported him to the police and returned to his residence. Zachary then tried to help the boys locate their fishing pole before also returning to his residence, according to the police report.

The Bills assistant coach was arrested at 1:39 a.m. and released from custody on bond at 3:10 a.m., according to jail records. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport first reported the news.

"We are aware of the report and in the process of gathering the facts," the Bills said in a statement.

Kromer joined Rex Ryan's coaching staff in Buffalo after spending two seasons with the Chicago Bears as offensive coordinator. Kromer made waves last season when he admitted to his players that he was one of the sources behind a Rapoport report criticizing quarterback Jay Cutler.

The 48-year-old got his first NFL coaching gig in 2001 as an assistant offensive line coach with the Oakland Raiders. He's also spent time as an assistant with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New Orleans Saints, where he filled in as interim head coach for the first six games of the 2012 season due to BountyGate suspensions. Given the recent focus on off-the-field incidents of players and the NFL's new personal conduct policy, there will be plenty of interest in how the league handles Kromer's arrest."]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I "like" McVay??

BeachBoy829March 24, 2017 01:05PM

Re: I "like" McVay??

TonyHunter87313March 24, 2017 03:16PM

Re: I "like" McVay??

zn346March 24, 2017 04:25PM

Aaron Kromer.

Billy_T294March 24, 2017 05:14PM

Re: Aaron Kromer.

den-the-coach332March 25, 2017 03:45AM

What were the circumstances? A history?

PARAM261March 25, 2017 04:35AM

Re: What were the circumstances? A history?

den-the-coach405March 25, 2017 04:42AM

Re: What were the circumstances? A history?

oldmanram293March 25, 2017 04:57AM