Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Of course he's going to say that

March 04, 2017 06:10PM
This is one of those "water is wet" stories.

There is no way he's going to come out and torpedo his reputation or Goff's standing in the organization by copping to a mistake. His wagon, and largely the Rams wagon in large part thanks to him, is hitched to Goff.

"As it turns out, this year’s quarterback class isn’t a strong one, so it made sense. Would you rather have Goff or Clemson’s DeShaun Watson or North Carolina’s Mitch Trubisky? I’d rather have Goff, which is why the Rams making the move was the right one."

Such convoluted logic. First off, I would have rated Kizer higher than both Goff and Wentz coming out. I would have put Goff right along side somebody like Watson coming out and don't think there's that much difference between Goff and his predecessor, Davis Webb, as actual NFL prospects. I'd give Goff the nod, but it's not that big of a gap considering both were/are guaranteed to be projects in the NFL given their counterproductive college training and Webb may arguably be the superior physical specimen.

Personally, I'd rather have Kizer or Watson and Conklin (Titans pick with Rams pick) plus all my draft picks back. Because the question isn't just about whether you'd rather have Goff than these other QB prospects, it's would you rather have any of these other QB prospects, including any of the other QB's drafted last year not named Goff or Wentz, PLUS everything they sacrificed to get Goff? If you agree with Snead, then you probably like the way the roster has been constructed. I don't agree with Snead and haven't at any step along the way. But I'm hardly shocked to see Snead agree with Snead.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Snead insists moving up to draft Goff was right move and would do it again

RamBill643March 03, 2017 08:23AM

Re: Snead insists moving up to draft Goff was right move and would do it again

AlbaNY_Ram346March 03, 2017 04:45PM

How do you think Elliott would have done?

Atlantic Ram367March 03, 2017 07:29PM

Re: How do you think Elliott would have done?

AlbaNY_Ram285March 04, 2017 04:18AM

Of course he's going to say that

9er8er252March 04, 2017 06:10PM