Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I dunno about ...

February 20, 2017 01:19PM
Anything regarding Goff.

I completely agree that Fisher's staff was utterly unfit to develop him.

But precisely because of that, I honestly don't know how to evaluate Goff.

Of course, this whole "raw" thing is such a muddy concept. Players get labelled as being raw for lots of reasons.

In some ways, I figure Goff was NOT raw. He'd actually played several years at Cal and gone through the team building process. His arm strength is fine. I dunno about the physical thing--I don't personally think physical strength means much in QBs.

I know he had to learn to take snaps and call a more complex system. OK. But he was already very accomplished at reading and dissecting defenses and making tough throws. I think the corollary to your point about Fisher & Co. is that there would be coaching staffs that could have brought him along much more efficiently. I personally think there have been a lot of rookie QBs far more unprepared than Goff.

I think we saw that in those maddening, teasing flashess he kept showing. He made some plays, right from the first Preseason game.

And then he had those frozen moments. But, again, how much of that was due to an offense that didn't work for anybody? When he missed receivers, how much was affected by low confidence due to dropped passes?

I don't see how anyone can draw much of a conclusion about him. Either way.

Which doesn't mean I am promising anything. He may be that bad. I dunno. I hope a competent staff and WRs held accountable to catching the ball will help him do better. But I wouldn't bet more than ham sandwich on it.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

It's Jared Goff's time, for better or worse

RamBill591February 20, 2017 04:43AM

:Here's the issue with Goff

RockRam599February 20, 2017 05:31AM

Re: :Here's the issue with Goff

leafnose285February 20, 2017 05:54AM

Here's the issue with Goff.. I Still believe he was handicapped

Anonymous User316February 20, 2017 09:00AM

Re: Here's the issue with Goff.. I Still believe he was handicapped

stlramz266February 20, 2017 12:15PM

I dunno about ...