Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DV and Ike interviews...and a Ram-blurb from Eric Mangini

February 04, 2017 02:09AM
Vermeil was amazing, he was first on MTC with Kirwan and Miller then went straight to Mad Dog Radio with Russo and he simply commanded both interviews. Amazing to hear anyone 80 years old THAT clear and THAT much retention to facts! He was spitting out dates, players names, PLAYS, situations, etc from the 60's and 70's...and always with DV-class! Mad Dog, who is not impressed with too many people, said "Wow Dick, you are amazing! You could still be coaching today you know that?"

Ike, I have to tell you, was special.

I make no bones about my disdain of Marshall and Holt, both of which stutter way too often as they try and contrive answers to questions being asked, and Holt's embarrassing habit of mispronouncing players names, RAMS PLAYERS TOO...ugh! I just can't listen to him or his self-promotion.

But Bruce man? Wow.

He was on with Kirwan and Miller and just stole the show. He is so calm, articulate and intelligent. HE is a great Ram ambassador! PK asked him what tomorrow (today) means to him (HOF announcement) and his answer was so genuine and honest I was blown away. He said that he is at peace with today no matter how it goes for HIM but that "Kurt has to get in. What he did was so very special.." He went on to explain how Martz used to start EVERY practice making him (Bruce) run "7 pump" and "I used to get to upset but you know what? We ran it every game....3rd and 20 meant nothing to use. With Torrey on the other side and Az in the slot THOSE GUYS (deflecting) were mismatches for whoever we played, and Mike had us run such precise routes but when we'd come out of our break the ball was ALWAYS right there. Kurt was an amazing, amazing QB and I pray he gets his due (today)."

Ike went on to say how much he encourages Holt; "I tell him all the time 'you were an amazing player! You got all the stats, made huge plays in big games, and got a ring. You HOF day is coming, keep believing!"

I wish I could remember more from both of these two guys interviews, moreover I wish I could post an audio link to them because they were that special to listen to. Both men so articulate, so honest and non-boastful. They were amazing interviews. If more comes to me I will add on.

LOL DV did have a plug for his wine business (which he shares with Trent Green, Todd Collins and others - DV only owns 10% but the win bares his name I guess) where at his website they are offering "3 for 2" on a certain wine (something "34" which I'm sure is about Super Bowl 34) if you put in the numbers 342 in the promo code. As a non-drinker it has no meaning to me so for those who do indulge in such things please take this as my public service announcement! thumbs up smiley

Finally, MTC also interviewed Eric Mangini and much to my surprise he said some real nice things about the GSOT Rams. PK asked him about match ups against great AFC teams and he quickly jumped in to say that "Playing the rams was a big gut check for us. That offense was amazing, so many weapons and so multiple. We new playing those guys we had our work cut out for us and win or lose we knew we had played a great team.." I'm sure these comments will be replied to with all sorts of "spy-gate" stuff but for me I'm past it. For ME it was nice to hear how, inside that Patriot locker room, that they respected and revered that Ram team.

R.I.P. Nelson aka TonyHunter87 1971 - 2017 far too soon..

Your last words to me: "Your a great guy RFIP. I was very sad when you left the board, and your son, but was glad to see you back. Take care my friend, may God be by your side." 09/09/2017 12:58AM

No Nelson, you were a far better man than I, and I am sure an awesome husband and father as well. I will miss you my friend. -RFIP
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

DV and Ike interviews...and a Ram-blurb from Eric Mangini

RFIP866February 04, 2017 02:09AM

Warner a lock this year. Bruce probably not.

max227February 04, 2017 04:40AM

Re: Warner a lock this year. Bruce probably not.

RFIP338February 04, 2017 05:12AM

Re: He may have threepeated, Max.

Billy_T206February 04, 2017 06:08AM

Re: it would be nice to see them go in together

Speed_Kills246February 04, 2017 07:09AM

TO definitely goes in before Bruce...

max219February 04, 2017 10:07AM

Re: nice post thx for sharing nm

Speed_Kills192February 04, 2017 07:05AM

Thanks but...

RFIP255February 04, 2017 10:31AM

Re: DV and Ike interviews...and a Ram-blurb from Eric Mangini