Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams GM Les Snead 'excited to partner' with Sean McVay

January 15, 2017 05:33AM

By Alden Gonzalez

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- These last couple of weeks were an awkward time for Les Snead. He didn't know if he would return as the Los Angeles Rams' general manager, and yet he remained a key part of the search for a new head coach, a determination that would ultimately decide his own job status.

At the onset, Snead told Rams owner Stan Kroenke and COO Kevin Demoff he simply wanted to "help you guys get this right."

"I would rather get it right and not be a part than get it wrong to be a part -- and after that, we'll figure out myself," Snead said Friday, the day after 30-year-old Sean McVay was introduced as the Rams' new head coach. "It’s not about me. It’s about we, and this is a very collaborative organization. That’s been my thought. We knew we had a position to fill. Very important. Head coach. I’ll do my best in helping us get that right, and from there we’ll figure out myself."

The Rams have figured out Snead's situation, at least for now. He will remain GM for a sixth season and must now build a working relationship with McVay, who was given a five-year contract that indicates he is in it for the long haul.

The Rams have agreed to terms with 69-year-old Wade Phillips to be their defensive coordinator but have yet to decide on an offensive coordinator. It's their least urgent position, because McVay, who spent the last three years running the Redskins' offense, will call plays. Special teams coordinator John Fassel, the interim coach for the Rams' last three regular-season games, will return, Snead confirmed. But the fates of the other assistants are uncertain as McVay goes about assembling his first coaching staff.

Read Complete Article
[www.espn.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill699January 15, 2017 05:33AM

Re: Rams GM Les Snead 'excited to partner' with Sean McVay

AlbaNY_Ram310January 15, 2017 08:11AM

Re: Rams GM Les Snead 'excited to partner' with Sean McVay

moklerman224January 15, 2017 11:30AM

For me...

Guard322January 15, 2017 08:20AM

Re: Rams have agreed to terms