Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

He's walking up 18 my friend...nm

January 09, 2017 01:27PM
laram
WoW, IMO this is cold from your own GM publicly.

Jerry Reese: Eli Manning “probably on the back nine

Posted by Josh Alper on January 9, 2017, 5:33 PM EST
GREEN BAY, WI - JANUARY 8: Eli Manning #10 of the New York Giants walks off the field in the fourth quarter during the NFC Wild Card game against the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field on January 8, 2017 in Green Bay, Wisconsin. (Photo by Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images)
Getty Images
Giants quarterback Eli Manning’s 13th season in the NFL ended with Sunday’s loss to the Packers.

The loss came a few days after his 36th birthday and the passage of time has the Giants thinking about the future of the position. General Manager Jerry Reese said on Monday that it is time to work on next steps.

“He’s probably on the back nine, but I don’t think it’s ancient for a quarterback,” Reese said, via Paul Schwartz of the New York Post. “Eli is 36 and we have started to think about who’s the next quarterback, who’s in line.”

Sunday’s game provided a pretty nice capsule of the way things went offensively for the Giants this season. They had moments early in the game when they moved the ball well, but self-inflicted wounds kept them from scoring touchdowns and the unit’s production slowed to a halt as time passed. There were dropped passes and a Manning fumble to blame along with their season-long inability to run the ball.

Manning’s individual year didn’t play out too differently. He had a handful of strong games, a handful of rough ones and 20 turnovers sprinkled across the regular season, which added up to a drop in production from the last two years for both quarterback and team. Manning’s signed for three more years, so the team will hope that any further decline happens slowly and building up the running game would be a good way to help on that front.

R.I.P. Nelson aka TonyHunter87 1971 - 2017 far too soon..

Your last words to me: "Your a great guy RFIP. I was very sad when you left the board, and your son, but was glad to see you back. Take care my friend, may God be by your side." 09/09/2017 12:58AM

No Nelson, you were a far better man than I, and I am sure an awesome husband and father as well. I will miss you my friend. -RFIP
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Jerry Reese: Eli Manning “probably on the back nine"

laram582January 09, 2017 12:43PM

He's walking up 18 my friend...nm

RFIP187January 09, 2017 01:27PM

He's walking up 18 my friend: They come & go so fast RFIP

Anonymous User310January 09, 2017 01:45PM

Re: Yes

leafnose135January 10, 2017 05:20AM

back nine? ......he is 36 years old.

Rampage2K-252January 09, 2017 01:51PM

Re: Jerry Reese: Eli Manning “probably on the back nine"