Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: some limitations

January 01, 2017 04:36AM
leafnose
due to candidates clubs being in playoffs. limited access.

also, I agreed with the theory of using the draft to build and free agency to fill.
the best players tend to get resigned to their teams, or never live up to their enormous free agent contracts.

however, the entire process is a gamble.
Fisher's squad being the youngest in the NFL year after year was a problem. It was fun, but it was a problem. It is reflected in the lack of discipline at times.
The guys jumping offsides on defense was a crazy maker for instance.

btw, Demoff's influence on the roster and the cap actually does have ramifications. the choice to sign Austin long term was a group decision, not just a Fisher moment. the Foles long term deal, also a group decision. Even with the new coach, the turnover of the roster, versus current contracts, retention, and the search of modest cost / high return prospects include a lot of Demoff's input.

this relating to the process of hiring a head coach; just have to imagine that our process will be slower than other clubs. it already has been.

I am not that worked up over the choice of candidate, but I am eager to get someone in the door. I want an assembled group for the Senior Bowl. I want to get the GM, OC, and DC handled; but again, it's my impetuous nature, and I can't fault the club for taking a moment to work out the next head coach.

Let's see what happens when the sun rises on Monday and how much activity around the NFL spawns action in the Los Angeles Rams quest to fill their vacancy. I like that the other openings around the league with similar names being key characters adds drama. So be it. It fuels the fire to get this done.

and my tired position; any coach will be a better coach than what we had at the end of the Atlanta Falcon game.

Any coach would be better? Really? Hardly I think and it is crucial the Rams get the right coach for huge number of reasons some of which have to do
with promoting the team believe it or not. Potential PSL purchasers and fans in LA in general are not going to cozy up to just any coach.

Grits
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The job openings for Head Coachs starting to sound like Free Agency

GreatRamNTheSky599December 31, 2016 06:34PM

leafnose273January 01, 2017 04:23AM

GreatRamNTheSky210January 01, 2017 04:36AM

leafnose341January 01, 2017 05:03AM

Rams should move quickly for the Shanahans

dodgerram232January 01, 2017 04:32AM