Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

One thing striking me rather funny right now.... Well....

Anonymous User
December 20, 2016 05:55PM
zn

I can't stand Gruden but I can't honestly say he would fail---no one really knows either way. I like Peterson but like everyone else I don;t know if he can make the leap from college. I like Shanahan but he has never been inside the head coach kitchen so who knows if he can take the heat.

When we discuss players, it's like listening to guys who know horses and racing making bets.

When we discuss coaches, it's like listening to guys who don;t know horses and racing making bets.

A clever and funny metaphor about the betting horses analogy.

Can't really disagree with it but even though there is tons more substance when debating over a players skill set and what a person perceives about a players game film, stats, athleticism, personality traits etc. It's not quite that black and white imo...

There is solid resources and coaching resumes along with several intangibles that can give a person an educated guess about why they believe one HC candidate might be more successful than the other.

I'm not going bore you and list all the intangibles that go into evaluating a HC candidate but there are obvious things that make a potential hiring more enticing depending on what type of HC a fan thinks is best for the team.

Basic things/key factors might be the current personnel pieces on the team. Are his noted strengths and coaching philosophy supported from a background in Offense or Defense? Is he a tyrant? Is he a mellow Dungy type? Is he an ego maniac? Is he an X's & O's type? etc.. etc....

It wouldn't be any fun if we didn't debate with personal conviction from the given knowledge available along with the internet and respected NFL media sources. Add to that the insight from former GM's, current coaches, players, resumes and league wide reputations of the potential candidates.

Of course much of the HC search and opinions is like prognosticating why one horse will run better or faster based on the Intel provided to us.

It's not like there are 15 horses that are going to be in this race. There is and will be a final short list for a reason.

I don't view the opinions from the Herd board as first timers showing up at the race track and just picking a random horse to win without any clues or insight to make an educated bet.

Even though there are no guarantees of how anyone's favorite HC (horse) will finish.......

There is respectable wisdom/knowledge in the HC racing forum for us to all view

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Why In The World Would The Los Angeles Rams Want Jon Gruden As Their Head Coach?

Ohiorams876December 20, 2016 02:52PM

One thing striking me rather funny right now....

JamesJM393December 20, 2016 02:56PM

Re: One thing striking me rather funny right now....

zn498December 20, 2016 04:06PM

What a great analogy

JamesJM308December 20, 2016 04:37PM

One thing striking me rather funny right now.... Well....

Anonymous User507December 20, 2016 05:55PM

Re: One thing striking me rather funny right now.... Well....

zn351December 20, 2016 07:40PM

Re: Yeah I want no parts of Jon Gruden....NM

laram457December 20, 2016 02:56PM

Typo or intentional?

JamesJM352December 20, 2016 03:06PM

I Want Gruden as Coach

droopy350December 20, 2016 03:11PM

Re: Why In The World Would The Los Angeles Rams Want Jon Gruden As Their Head Coach?

Rampage2K-328December 20, 2016 03:12PM

Re: Why In The World Would The Los Angeles Rams Want Jon Gruden As Their Head Coach?

Ohiorams372December 20, 2016 04:01PM

Could History repeat itself????

OCRamRef68300December 20, 2016 05:14PM

How I see it too. Biggest risk of Gruden I think--

ArizonaRamFan310December 20, 2016 05:07PM

Re: How I see it too. Biggest risk of Gruden I think--

Rampage2K-333December 20, 2016 05:15PM

OCRamRef68404December 20, 2016 05:16PM

Rampage2K-380December 20, 2016 05:18PM

Barf33308December 20, 2016 06:59PM