Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I'm with you here....

December 13, 2016 05:40AM
Silverback
I've continued to see head coaching candidates listed based on their identity as offensive gurus so to speak.

We've been built around defense with substantial cap committed to it and soon more with Aaron Donald. We need a defensive coach.

But one that can appreciated a good offense unlike Fisher. A coach who will hire the right guys to mold Gurley and Goff. I'm not sure who that is exactly but it reminds me of Harbaugh's 49ers.

I'm not married to one side of the ball over another. I would love to get an orchestrator like a Bill Parcells (although he was a defensive coach) he was able to hire the right coordinators.

Bill Parcells is my favorite coach of all-time, I've studied him and talked to a lot of people about him. The recurring theme was always how prepared he was and how prepared his teams were for every scenario.

Bill Belichick said that his father and Bill Parcells were both very instrumental in him developing that trait.

I love watching a well prepared team and is what I wish most for the Rams. To sit and watch them and be able to understand who they are and what they're trying to accomplish would be a dream come true for me.

A Bill Parcells type coach IMO would bring a semblance of balance and structure to this organization.

The Rams have been so lost under Jeff Fisher. You draft a shotgun qb for a run first play action offense. That makes absolutely no sense and one of the many reasons that Snead needs to go as well. The next coach will need to figure out a workaround for that

But I digress.

You ever wonder why running backs come into the league and do so well right away? Because running is instinctive, it is by far the most easily transitioned position in the league. Todd Gurley reminds me of a former Rams qb, under optimum conditions he can be very successful, but don't look for him to make something happen out of nothing.

There are some serious challenges on this team, and its going to take a special talent to fix it.

Best,
Laram

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2016 06:16AM by laram.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Don't get all offensive.

Silverback577December 13, 2016 03:55AM

Re: I'm with you here....

laram270December 13, 2016 05:40AM