Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A few random Monday morning thoughts...

November 14, 2016 07:55AM
Other than for hard core Jet and Ram fans, this game was pretty much unwatchable, huh?

Where to start? [www.nfl.com]

Keenum was 17/30, 165 yards, zero TD's, 9 total points scored. A scrappy try hard QB, for sure, but this looks like his ceiling and it ain't nearly good enough, is it?

By way of comparison, Petty was 19/32 for 163 yards. One TD, but 1 int late which clinched for the Rams. But still...

Gurley showed some signs of life in the 2nd half. Feeding him the ball seems to pay 4th qtr dividends.

Rams enjoyed a 9 minute advantage in TOP. Always a good thing, but one would expect more than 9 points as a result.

Benny gets 6 carries for 40 yards. Gurley 21 carries for 65 yards. Hmmmmm... what do we conclude from that?

The holding call on GRob was BS. I saw several far more "grabby" plays by Tyron Smith in that Cowboy game, for example, that never got a flag. Double standard is alive and well and on full display by the zebras. BTW, is it just me or does it seem that Hochuli's crew has a bias against the Rams? Timing on that call was terrible, costing Gurley his longest run of the year.

Aren't the Rams allowed to include the TE in their passing O? One catch by Kendricks for zero yards? Nothing from Higbee. WTH?

Watching the Cowboy/Steeler game was an eye opener. Reminded me of what a combo of elite RB and OL's that can open a hole looks like (both teams, BTW). And in the case of the Cowboys, what a talented rookie QB can accomplish. Not to mention seeing a team put up 30+ points in an exciting game. I want some of that for our Rams, you know?

I liked what little I saw from Cooper. How about you? Only one catch, but it was for a first down. Couple of nice catches on punts, too. Announcers gave him some love, as well. I know it's heresy, but I think Cooper should get some of Tavon's snaps and targets. I'm serious. We'll get more bang for our buck. I was actually sorry to see Tavon return to the field, TBH.

Speaking of Tavon, 2 catches for 19 yards. Two rushes for 10 yards. No TD's. THIS is a $42 million WR?

Britt snags 7 for 109 yards. First down after first down. He's earning HIS paycheck.

Only 1 catch for Gurley for 8 yards. Two catches for Quick for 16 yards. Ummmmm... can't Keenum see these guys? Or is it on Boras? These two are legit weapons and should be getting more targets, IMO.

Quinn made a couple of plays, but he's not the same force he once was. Not sure if he ever will be at that level again. Funny, the concern was his brain tumor at draft time, not his back. Sigh...

Ram D held the Jets to 6 points, and it was almost not good enough. Think about that for just a moment. Gotta give this D it's props. But geez, is it reasonable to require the D and ST to win the danged games for us? Other than Britt, if I'm an O player I would back up to receive my game check this week.

Hope Joyner is okay. Feisty player that's growing on me.

How the heck did our D allow a 99 yard TD drive to Bryce Petty? I mean, c'mon...

ST showed up, huh? GZ was 3 for 3 and we needed them all, didn't we?

Marquez is a ST stud. Downing that punt on the 1 yard line was a thing of beauty and he made it look easy.

Hekker is All World. I know that this will make je crazy but he's a tremendous weapon. Can flip the field with one kick, like he did in a close game yesterday. Always a threat to get a 1st down via fake punt. A sideline cheerleader. Flawless holder on GZ's kicks. He deserved the game ball. We don't win this game without Hekker's contributions yesterday. Helluva commentary on our pitiful O. Truly a UDFA steal by Snead.

Yeah, we won the game. So why am I feeling so apathetic about it? We're not gonna win our division. And tiebreakers for wild card don't look good for us. Our O is the anchor around this team's neck. I think that Fisher should start the kid on a simplified playbook vs Miami. Not much to lose. Wouldn't be hard for Goff to exceed Keenum's results, would it? Might inject some excitement on O which has been sorely missing. And it will give Goff a rolling head start for next year.

So, what did I miss?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A few random Monday morning thoughts...

Rams43952November 14, 2016 07:55AM

Covered it well

Ram49289November 14, 2016 08:51AM

Gurley and Cunningham carries

LMU93291November 14, 2016 08:58AM

Re: Gurley and Cunningham carries

Rams43265November 14, 2016 09:16AM

I love BC...but he ain't Gurley yet.

SunTzu_vs_Camus450November 14, 2016 09:11AM

Re: I love BC...but he ain't Gurley yet.

Rams43374November 14, 2016 09:25AM

High School Offense Indeed...

troublefree461November 14, 2016 09:48AM

LOL... yeah, I sometimes get that feeling as well....

JamesJM234November 14, 2016 10:00AM

I think Britt Could be but...

JamesJM318November 14, 2016 09:57AM

They wanna take away Britt? Good.....that's the plan.

SunTzu_vs_Camus273November 14, 2016 09:58AM

Same here, not seeing the holes either...

JamesJM333November 14, 2016 10:04AM

Me too agree that we are 2/3 of a playoff team...

RamsFanFromRio248November 14, 2016 11:24AM

Re: I love BC...but he ain't Gurley yet.

Tony Romas257November 14, 2016 10:03AM

Britt is proving otherwise....

SunTzu_vs_Camus371November 14, 2016 10:15AM

Robert Quinn Ill?

MamaRAMa580November 14, 2016 10:23AM

Re: A few random Monday morning thoughts...

73Ram247November 14, 2016 11:39AM

I wish I had tape on that Robinson hold...

jemach336November 14, 2016 02:21PM

Keenum missed a wide open Britt on throw..

jemach306November 14, 2016 02:34PM