Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

10/11 Practice Report: Without Johnson, Young DBs to Receive Opportunities

October 11, 2016 06:44PM
Practice Report 10/11: Without Johnson, Young DBs to Receive Opportunities

By Myles Simmons

When cornerback Trumaine Johnson exited Sunday’s game against the Bills with an ankle injury in the fourth quarter, Troy Hill stepped in and played in Johnson’s place opposite E.J. Gaines on the outside. The same lineup appears likely for this week in Detroit, after head coach Jeff Fisher delivered an update on Johnson’s condition following Tuesday’s practice.

“He’s probably not going to go this week,” Fisher said. “It’ll be week-to-week.”

And if Johnson is indeed unavailable?

“Troy steps up like he did in the game,” Fisher said. “I can sleep at night knowing that E.J. is back and playing good.”

Hill started the Rams’ victories over the Buccaneers and Cardinals in Weeks 3 and 4, respectively, before Gaines got back in the lineup opposite Johnson on Sunday. On Tuesday, Hill described what he’s looking to improve as a starter this time around.

“I’ve just got to play the game — not try to make the big play,” Hill said. “Just stay calm and just stay focused and stay true to my technique and fundamentals. Just let it come to me.”

According to Fisher, those are two strengths of Hill’s game that come through when he plays.

“He understands what we’re doing and he can really run and he has got ball skills,” Fisher said. “Even though he’s a little slight, he’s a run-support guy.”

Read Complete Article [www.therams.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

10/11 Practice Report: Without Johnson, Young DBs to Receive Opportunities

RamBill739October 11, 2016 06:44PM

Re: 10/11 Practice Report: Without Johnson, Young DBs to Receive Opportunities

CraigMatson278October 12, 2016 01:24AM

The offense has to man up

Hazlet Hacksaw200October 12, 2016 05:22AM