Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Mo played quite a bit of SAM, Davis at FS.

September 28, 2016 08:15AM
brownsugar
CraigMatson
Cody can play FS at a certain level of competency.
He was all academic all big twelve along with being a first team player at safety.
He just has some weaknesses. In change of direction at this level, but he was not stopwatch slow over 40 yards coming out his draft year.
He was more of a workout warrior actually (4.4 forty and all) .
His college tape showed an attacking player who could lead the defence.

Thanks for your thoughts....ya, I don't like his change of direction, and never like his '4.4' either....doesn't look it. Also, it is ok he isn't a hitter, we need a wrap up guy. I am happy he has more than C. Dahl! (Can you believe FIsh had to work with him!!!).

I didn't know he was so smart....and, if he really runs a 4.5 even, then he probably will do well enough to replace McCleod in some aspects. Thanks again. Paying Rodney $7 mill a year, no way.....they need to re-up OTree.

With the salary cap you get Cody Davis as a FS. So many teams have the same situation....and really, the NFL overall, doesn't look so tight....meaning so many teams seem to have 1-2 weak links. 5 years ago, I didn't notice it so much. QBs making $20+ million will do that, huh?

I think the D is missing Jenkins and McLeod but especially McLeod. It’s part of the reason why they’ve given up more big plays IMO. I like Mo in the run game and his hitting ability but he and Davis have been late quite a bit in coverage.

I disagree that they have to live with the Davis’ of the world due to the salary cap. They are in that situation because they made a mistake. Finding $7 mil. for McLeod was really easy. His name is Sensabaugh. They paid him $5 mil. and that was a huge mistake. They simply chose the wrong guy. The $2 mil. difference is not even enough to worry about. And notice who is not playing anymore with zero snaps on Sunday.

By the time the QB on our team will make $20 mil., any long-term contract McLeod or Sensabaugh signed this year would have either been finished or at a point where they could be cut or restructured with minimal dead money.

Managing the salary cap and letting talent go is an issue for every team but that’s why it’s so important to not make mistakes in regard to free agency decisions. Unfortunately, this year they made a huge one. Of course, it will probably be somewhat corrected after the season when they cut Sensa…
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Mo played quite a bit of SAM, Davis at FS.

Blue and Gold903September 27, 2016 01:47PM

Re: Radio guy said the same thing

TonyHunter87488September 27, 2016 01:50PM

In our 30 dime package he's a LBer, too. He rushes as the

Blue and Gold432September 27, 2016 02:27PM

six2stack410September 27, 2016 02:15PM

CraigMatson353September 27, 2016 04:02PM

Re: Mo played quite a bit of SAM, Davis...JR???

RFIP463September 27, 2016 02:28PM

brownsugar384September 27, 2016 07:24PM

CraigMatson242September 28, 2016 02:22AM

brownsugar259September 28, 2016 03:37AM

dzrams227September 28, 2016 08:15AM

but... Barron isn't the SAM

mexram308September 28, 2016 03:42AM

Re: but... Barron isn't the SAM

brownsugar342September 28, 2016 07:40PM