Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I think that's directed at me?

September 26, 2016 06:21AM
Speed_Kills
said his arm was weak...

but you like Keenum's arm?

The last two weeks the Rams have gone vertical more.... lets hope they keep it up. That first week with the horizontal passing was a complete disaster

Okay, soapbox time. cool smiley

First---a resounding "no." That is a "no" to the idea that they went vertical more in 2 games. No--they did not go more vertical the last 2 weeks as if those are exceptions. There is only ONE game with Keenum at qb for the Rams where they did NOT go vertical and that was the SF game. Every other game in 8 starts they DID. I don't know why people are in this bizarro upside down universe where one game is the rule and 7 are the exception.

The idea that Keenum does not go vertical is a complete myth and every bit of evidence you want to name backs that. Account for the 5 games last year plus 2 more this year and don't act like the 1 exception (SF game) is the rule...it's not. It's exactly the other way around.

And...I criticized far more with Davis than just his arm. In fact I never criticize any qb just on the basis of their arm. Davis was too phrenetic and not heady enough. He didn't have the details down and he would over-react BADLY to pressure. There is a reason Davis was cut more than once by the Rams and not kept by anyone else.

People do not have a good read on Keenum's arm. He cannot throw 18 yard lasers to the middle or throw laser deep outs. But this thing about his arm gets way overplayed to the point where I wonder if other people are watching the same games.

Keenum can throw deep. He has thrown deep. He does throw deep. Throwing deep is a big part of the Rams offense and he executes it. He threw deep with Houston, where he also had top receivers. In fact his completion percentage throwing deep in Houston in 2013 was remarkable. So Keenum throws deep and does it pretty well. The evidence is in the games, in the highlight vids, and in the numbers. Those who deny it are just in the dark. ALL the evidence is against them.

You can throw deep without a strong arm because throwing deep is not just all arm. In fact there are strong arm qbs who can't hit deep passes because they don't have the other things (timing, anticipation, accuracy, touch, and a "feel" for it).

Back to Davis v. Keenum. Keenum has his limitations but what you see with him is this---he actually works, hard, to maximize himself. Plus he has pretty good field sense (the pick 6 aside cool smiley ). He is a far more stable all-around qb than Davis ever was or will be.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2016 06:31AM by zn.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Case Keenum now 5-2 as Rams Starting QB

GreatRamNTheSky752September 26, 2016 02:31AM

Re: Case Keenum now 5-2 as Rams Starting QB

PeoriaRa560September 26, 2016 02:46AM

Agreed. Onward! Big game in AZ next Sunday

GreatRamNTheSky425September 26, 2016 02:53AM

actually 5-3

zn427September 26, 2016 03:39AM

Agreed. nm

GreatRamNTheSky405September 26, 2016 03:40AM

4-0 with 85.0+ QB rating