Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

100% agree...

September 14, 2016 06:07AM
MamaRAMa
It sounds like a desperation move. If the kid's not ready, no matter how much we want and need him to be ready... he's just not ready.
After what we saw in pre-season, I think the results would be disastrous for him, the team, and the fans.
I say... don't do it.

I do think its desperation and not very wise.

You have an NFL owner in Kroenke (who IMO was a big part of the Rams trading up to get Goff at #1), being impatient and wanting an immediate return on his investment after seeing #2 overall pick Carson Wentz starting and seeing both 2015 #1 & #2 picks Winston and Mariota starting and flourishing as rookies in the league. Not to mention, the Rams invested a lot more giving up the farm to get to #1 for Goff. That all being said, if you throw anyone of those other 3 QB`s into this current Rams offense and play calling, none of them would have any success.

Get the rest of the offense (OL, receivers) ready to play first, instill some better & less predictable play calling and then put Goff in if they absolutely feel the need to at some point this season. Personally, I don't think he`s close to being ready, but I`d like to give the Rams coaching staff the benefit of the doubt that they no better than me. I know reps are needed to get ready, but under these conditions, that's almost like a death sentence for him and ultimately the organization.

Between the OL, receivers and play calling Monday night, the whole thing was a disaster. An unnamed 49ers defender told an NFL analyst he and his teammates couldn't believe how easy the Rams were making it for them on defense. He said they were so predictable they new almost every play that was coming. Between that and a pretty poor performance by this so called improved Rams OL, and always inadequate receiving corps, putting Goff in now could have potentially dangerous irreversible effects.

Looking at the schedule ahead, if they loose to Seattle on Sunday I`m afraid this team could potentially loose every one of them leading up to the midway (0-8)point of the season. If this does indeed happen, I think the Rams will make the desperation move and put Goff in at some point and I`m afraid it might be as early as week 3 or 4.

“The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguments for it, and become blind to the arguments against it.”

George Bernard Shaw
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Jared Goff could be promoted in Week 2 -- to backup

RamBill700September 13, 2016 09:41PM

I vote no

reggae390September 13, 2016 10:34PM

Re: I vote no

RamFanInPA329September 14, 2016 02:56AM

Another vote for no...

RamBum353September 14, 2016 02:52AM

Re: Jared Goff could be promoted in Week 2 -- to backup

MamaRAMa296September 14, 2016 04:45AM

Goff's not ready? Well, who is?

max223September 14, 2016 05:10AM

Re: Goff's not ready? Well, who is?

MamaRAMa263September 14, 2016 05:21AM

Re: Yeah I certainly understand the logic of that

Speed_Kills216September 14, 2016 05:29AM

Does it seem to you that for Mannion the world is a tuxedo...

JamesJM218September 14, 2016 05:35AM

Re: Does it seem to you that for Mannion the world is a tuxedo...

21Dog239September 14, 2016 05:41AM

Re: I agree

Speed_Kills345September 14, 2016 06:17AM

100% agree...

PaulButcher59239September 14, 2016 06:07AM

Doesn't bother me.. it's #2, he's not starting...

JamesJM215September 14, 2016 05:17AM