Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

IMO

September 05, 2016 09:36AM
David Deacon
We will be in a much better position to evaluate the Groh hire after Monday nights game. If we score a bunch of points it will be a good indication that his hire and Boras promotion were good moves. While one game does not make a season it will be the first early indication of what the new offense is really all about and how much we have improved. It will be exciting to see the results.

IMO...I think in general you are right, but the details are murky. So I don't think we will be evaluating the Groh hire. Groh and Boras built something together, with Boras getting the final say, and with Boras calling the plays. We have never seen Boras run his own offense before. Last year he called plays for Cignetti;s offense.

And I don't think scoring a lot of points is simply a matter of who the coordinator is. There's so much that has to improve to score more points than last year. The OL has to be more stable, the qb has to be more stable (than Foles turned out to be), they have to get more out of their WRs (which depends on WR improvement).

I doubt it will be possible to separate all those things to make an undifferentiated judgment about the coordinators.

On top of it, a team playing a new offense...even if the "newness" is mostly a matter of tweaking...is not going to be as effective at it in their first game. That takes time. I mean unless you have Faulk, Bruce, Holt, and Warner on the same team along with a good and settled OL. cool smiley

I will make a prediction though. I think that with this OL, with Boras and Groh, with a fully 100% Gurley, and with better quarterbacking than last year, the offense will yes look pretty good. IMO we have already seen enough this preseason to make that prediction.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2016 09:38AM by zn.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Coach Mike Groh.....WR & Passing Game Coordinator.

oldschoolramfan1001September 05, 2016 06:21AM

Re: Coach Mike Groh.....WR & Passing Game Coordinator.

GreatRamNTheSky619September 05, 2016 06:35AM

Exactly

Suh-weet!509September 05, 2016 06:47AM

Re: yes this is true

Speed_Kills475September 05, 2016 08:12AM

Has Fisher earned the benefit of the doubt

Hazlet Hacksaw489September 05, 2016 08:30AM

zn535September 05, 2016 08:40AM

David Deacon442September 05, 2016 09:11AM

IMO

zn406September 05, 2016 09:36AM

Agree!! nm

JamesHarrisFanClub407September 05, 2016 12:26PM

Re: IMO

David Deacon463September 05, 2016 12:49PM