Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Blinkscout PS game 4 recap and some roster thoughts before cuts ...

September 03, 2016 10:31AM
I agree with the OP take and Rams43 reply.

I would just add the following...unless Demetrius Rhaney lifted weights for the last 9 months....and specifically from December 28th when at our great victory in Seattle (Rams first win in 11 seasons up in the Emerald City)......on that Sunday afternoon Rhaney came into the game, and I thought we had dressed backup FB Zach Laskey up as a OG. Rhaney looked short and small.....AND HE GOT PUSHED AROUND LIKE A SHOPPING CART BY THE SEAHAWKS D-LINE. I have very little time for Demetrius Rhaney, as I KNOW what I saw in Seattle. On the other side of the coin.....that "journeyman" swing guy, Hacksaw Reynolds' nephew Garrett......THAT Ram OLineman played like a man possessed that Sunday. Reminded me of Tom Nutten on January 08, 2005 on the same field, with the same result....a Ram win!!

Back to the other cuts....shame we cannot stash Aaron Green somewhere. He looks like what we wanted Isaiah Pead to be (at least at a minimum eh!)

Agree that Paul McRoberts is a keeper. Fearless as a punt returner.....just has to learn to call the Fair Catch when the barbarians have already blown open the gates!! Great contested catch in the End Zone.

Cut Brian Quick yesterday already!!! We shudda cut BQ with Quinton Coples last week!!! Quick is dead to me.

Josh Forrest DID look more amped up than in the other 3 previous PS games. But my question is.....does he only bring his A-Game when his pills are on the line??!! My Loafer Alert Radar senses Josh might not be as workmanlike or as tough as we'd like.....I mean the guy came to College as a WR!! Is Josh too soft??

Besides Quick and Rhaney, the rest that I'd like to see jettisoned ASAP
Darrell Williams....based on the Denver Antics alone.
Austin Hill....yeah, yeah...Ram pedigree, Hard Knocks star, yadda yadda.....Hill is a JAG. Period. Full Stop!
Jordan Kovacs...I always pull for the hard-working East Europeans (Kovacs means Smith (actually Blacksmith in Hungarian)....but the kid is too slow.
Eric Kush....another Hard Knocks HeartThrob.....but muffs snaps and limited push up front. Dump him already.
Rohan Gaines....gone already I think....not enough talent for NFL.
Ian Seau....I am not a nepotism guy I guess....but seriously, would we even be talking about this guy if his name was Ian Dumbrowsky???......Let's face it....if we have one Dl sleeper to hide or stash somewhere, that guy's name is Morgan Fox......not Ian Seau!!!
The other guy whom I've got suspicious of is Cameron Lynch......if Rams Coaching staff thinks Chubb or Littleton or Nic Grisby are more promising than the former Syracuse Orangeman Lynch, I would not shed a tear.

Back to positives....I like
Mike Jordan....looks to always be near the ball....or eventual ball carrier!
Jabriel Washington....for a last second addition, the backup Alabama CB looked better, smarter, tougher than Marcus Roberson on some plays.
I like Christian Bryant as our FS more than Mo VaporLocksInCoverage Alexander, or Cody GoodWorkEthic,ButSlow! Davis. Bryant needs to work on his hands....maybe room him with Nelson Spruce!!
I like either Mike Thomas or Duke Williams over Bradley Marquez....but admittedly, I have never really taken a shine to BM.
Finally, an ode, of sorts, to Chase ATadSlow Reynolds......yes, Aaron Green and Malcolm Brown both have more RB upside than Chase Reynolds....
BUT...
we cut not one, BUT TWO MAJOR LOCKER ROOM LEADERS IN LAURINAITUS AND CHRIS LONG.....IMHO WE NEED A GUY LIKE CHASE REYNOLDS TO SHEPHERD THE YUTES ON STs ON THIS TEAM!

As always, JMOs.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout PS game 4 recap and some roster thoughts before cuts ...

alyoshamucci879September 03, 2016 08:39AM

PaulButcher59383September 03, 2016 08:58AM

max331September 03, 2016 08:58AM

Rams43339September 03, 2016 09:53AM

canuckramsfans476September 03, 2016 10:31AM

cut Green for a special teamer

TonyHunter87368September 03, 2016 10:11AM