Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: as the naysayer

August 27, 2016 06:10AM
I have to give this kid his due props......

the article points out what I see
although said in a different fashion:

He runs to daylight. Now, we certainly see him not shy away from contact, but the thing this year that I see is he has fine vision as to where the open on the field is at. Now, we may have displayed that in his snaps last year when he saw live work, however this year with a jaundice eye cast at him, I am left eating my hat.
How is doing it?

Again, the article points out that he isn't the fastest guy, nor is he seem to the shiftiness that gets my attention. Yet, there he is; Not sure about the jump cut, that's remarked upon, but I see him able to accelerate very well; and there's something that often can't be defined so easily; and perhaps shifty is that word, however Brown does show he can turn a corner, and also will run between the tackles. Perhaps he has watched enough of Cunninghams' work to tie that in. Benny is excellent at plowing forward. It's not pretty football, but anytime you've moved the chains, or made for short down and distances, you've helped your offense stay on the field.

I do wonder how Brown has done in practice sessions. I figure darn well. They kept him over a lot of other flotsam over the course of the year. He held on even after the cuts, and he seems to have caught on. Well regarded by Alyo coming in, I just didn't see the kid in a fine light; his work in Texas just didn't stand out to me. Another credit due here to Snead and staff for holding on to Brown long enough for him to change my mind.

I'll be honest. I want to see him this evening with extended work. We know Benny can play. We know Gurley's not taking a single snap tonight. That's the only door for a guy like Aaron Green, and a final rehearsals for Brown; Brown will really seal me as a fan in pass protection if he can excel there; Yeah, he could eventually push Benny for reps during the regular season. Brown, and Green for that matter, will need to stand out in special teams. I am pretty sure that Chase Reynolds is safe, but we will see.

btw, spencer ware played awful well for the Chiefs. He showed well in every facet that I keyed on.

kudos to Brown for showing he belongs. and bad on me for being so prejudicial against him.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A view from the opponent about Malcolm Brown...

Rams431090August 24, 2016 08:52PM

Almost impossible to read on a phone

Hazlet Hacksaw377August 25, 2016 04:37AM

Re: Great pedigree. A Five Star prospect in high school.

Billy_T402August 25, 2016 04:57AM

Brown's story is a little unusual.

Saguaro225August 27, 2016 08:14AM

I liked Malcolm Brown last year

six2stack244August 27, 2016 08:21AM

Brown could be their #2 in 2017

LMU93462August 25, 2016 05:08AM

Re: Brown could be their #2 in 2017

TonyHunter87328August 25, 2016 01:11PM

leafnose273August 27, 2016 06:10AM